42- Intimidation

Russo

"Kennedy! Kennedy help me!" I ran towards the screaming, but every corner I turned, there was a dead end.

"Kennedy! Help!" another voice shouted out, but it wasn't Fiona's voice. It sounded more male. It sounded like Barret Willis. I rushed towards his scream, but I came to another dead end.

"Kennedy! Kennedy!"

"Help us Kennedy!" another array of voices sounded. It was my team. I couldn't find anybody anywhere, I was running around in circles!

But when I turned around corner, I felt something grab my wrists and hoist my arms up in the air. When I looked up, I was staring down the barrel of a gun, with Daniel Sharrick on the other side of it.

"You should've killed me when you had the chance," he growled, then he pulled the trigger.

"No!" I shot up from my bed, panting and covered in sweat. I was okay, I wasn't with Daniel. I was in a bedroom with my sleeping boyfriend. Well, he used to be sleeping. Spencer shot up from his sleep and took my shoulders.

"Ken, what happened?" he asked.

"Daniel was there! He was gonna kill me," I panted out. It was all I had to say; Spencer wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back into bed with him as I tried to calm down.

I had been having nightmares like that for weeks, and it was all because of this fateful week. This week, Daniel Sharrick was going on trial. And I wasn't prepared at all.

"The court house steps are raving today with the news that CEO of the military equipment company, Battle Tested, Daniel Sharrick, will be going on trial today for rape, assault, and kidnap. Conspiracy is also up in the air that is he responsible for Corporal Barret Willis' suicide as well," there was a reporter at the court house giving a live stream story across the news this morning. How I wished they would report about something else, like a lost cat or a fire. But CEOs and Corporals are apparently 'big news' in the world. I sat at my desk dully, dressed up for court, and feeling like I was about to vomit.

"It is also rumored that FBI agent Kennedy Russo will be testifying against Sharrick as his victim and witness. Spectators are saying that Agent Russo is in conspiracy of a cover up," that did it for me.

"Hey! Can somebody turn this off!" I shouted to no one in particular. But as I expected, no one was listening. A clunk sounded from my desk, I spun around in my chair and found Garcia setting a mug down.

"It's chai, it'll calm your nerves," she said.

"Thanks Penny, but I feel if I eat or drink anything right now, I'm gonna puke," I said. She was dressed for court like I was, a little more toned down then usual, but she had the pink flower in her hair.

"Don't be nervous. Crime lab has collected all its evidence, we're all testifying, and more importantly, we're on your side. If you need a shoulder to cry on, we're hear," she said. I stood up and gave her a hug.

"Thanks Penny," I replied.

"What're friends for? I promise you they are gonna lock up Sharrick and throw the key in a pile of quicksand," she said. I chuckled a little bit.

"Hey," Morgan and JJ came our way, "How you feeling?" he asked.

"Not well," I replied.

"It'll be fine. Hotch has the car waiting downstairs," JJ said. Oh goodie! The nightmare begins!

"Great, just give me a minute," I replied, pushing myself away from my desk slowly and taking a breath.

"Take your time," JJ told me.