15 - How We Do in Texas

Russo

As fast as a car would go, we went speeding down the streets of Detroit, with the lights flashing and the sirens blaring, telling everybody that we were coming and coming fast. That day, I learned that Hotch could be a bit of a reckless driver, especially in an emergency.

We passed the first SUV and SWAT van that had pulled up to the warehouse, we rushed by. I could heard the whirring sound of the helicopter from the roof; we were running out of time.

I jumped out of the SUV before it could make a complete stop, then hi-tailed it up towards the roof of the building. My rifle case clunked against my shin and the poles of the staircase, it weighed me down a little bit. By the time I got to the roof, the helicopter across the lane already had its propellers spinning round and round.

"Do you have a shot?" Hotch came in through the radio. I wasn't able to get a head shot of John Andre, he was moving too fast, it wouldn't be possible. "Do you have a shot?" Hotch asked again.

"Wait!" I replied, surveying the roof with the ten henchmen surrounding the helicopter. It would take too long to take them out one by one, Andre would already be air borne. The first unit busted down the door to the roof, aiming their guns towards Andre and his men.

Morgan

"John Andre! FBI!" he smiled and gave us a salute, then waved to his men. They started firing on us.

Russo

"Do you, or do you not have the shot?" Hotch asked again.

"It's not clean," I replied.

"I knew this was a bad idea," he said, not realizing that he had his radio on.

"Russo, can you see Farrell?" Reid asked. I looked through the faces there were firing on the welcoming comity, none of them were Farrell.

"He's not here," I replied. The helicopter's propellers began to pick up speed, and it started to lift in the air, with John still on it. It started to fly.

"Russo, it's now or never!" Morgan said. I had an idea. I readjusted my position and angle, so that I had a shot of the helicopter while it traveled. My shot was clear enough that I could knock off the back propeller. I took a breathe, and pulled the trigger.

Morgan

The helicopter took lift, and started over the city.

"Russo, it's now or never!" I told her. She didn't answer, but the helicopter flew over us and towards the city. The next minute, a pop went off, and the tail of the aircraft blew up. The helicopter started to fall.

Russo

"That's how we do it in Texas," I said...to nobody in particular. I was the only person on this roof. Well, so I thought. I heard a click and a pistol being pointed at my head.

"Stand up, turn around slowly," he instructed, "Take out your gun and kick to me," I did as he asked, then turned to find Farrell Barsley/ Jason Harris staring back at me.

"You want to talk first? Maybe we could work out a deal?" I asked.

"I don't make deals with the FBI. Besides, what the hell good did they ever do me?" he asked.

"I know what you've been through, Farrell. I read your file, I talked to your foster dad, he seemed very nice. His wife was in tears when she heard you killed him," I said.