23- Sexual Deviant

Reid

Jeremy Rand was brought back in, just to see his face back made my blood boil. It was rare that I ever got truly angry, but this time, I felt like I would explode as any moment.

"I need you to remember something," Morgan said as he came next to me. I was watching Rand and his lawyer get comfy in the interrogation room, strategizing how I was gonna get him to talk. "You need to approach this with great delicacy. You go in there like a bull in a china shop, he will shut down and not saw a word. You know that, right?" he asked.

"He covered up Kennedy's rape, and then ordered her previous attacker to come back and rape her again. You telling me I shouldn't be angry?" I asked him.

"I'm telling you that you need to be straight pissed off, but you need to keep that under control and inject a little fear into him. This is a guy who has everything to lose, we need him to tell us where Sharrick went," he replied. My phone rang at that moment, it was JJ.

"Hi JJ," I answered, putting it on speaker for Morgan.

"Hey, Rossi and I were going through Sharrick's place. He takes viagra," she said.

"That's surprising, Sharrick would be in his mid-thirties right now, he wouldn't need viagra," I said.

"Maybe he had a surgery, can't get it up properly?" Morgan asked.

"This was prescribed to him two weeks ago," she said.

"The nerve of having to rape Kennedy again probably got to him, he needed a PF5 inhibitor just to boost his confidence," I said.

"Why can't you just say 'viagra' like everybody else?" Morgan asked.

"I got something," Rossi said, "Mr. Sharrick was quite the marijuana user," 

"Probably used to calm his nerves beforehand," Morgan guessed.

"Any clues as to where he took Ken and Fiona?" I asked.

"Nothing yet, he doesn't keep a journal, no maps, no schedules. Well maybe he does, but he has them on his cellphone," JJ replied.

"You guys have Rand?" Rossi asked.

"We're looking at his sorry ass right now," Morgan replied.

"We'll keep looking, but then we'll be on our way back. How's Garcia doing with Sharrick's history?" JJ asked.

"He hasn't had much scrutiny or activity in his past years," I replied.

"Because the monster in him hadn't been unleashed yet," Morgan said.

"We'll call you back if we find anything, go make that guy piss his pants," Rossi said. We hung up, then entered the room. 

"Agents, my client is scheduled to fly out to Milwaukee tomorrow, and he's been through a traumatic experience," his lawyer said.

"Well, Kennedy Russo went through a traumatic experience too, and your client didn't seem to care enough to do anything about it," I replied as I sat down. Morgan opened his file and pulled out a sheet of paper.

"These are your phone records. You called Daniel Sharrick twenty seven times in the past three weeks, right after you were attacked," he said.

"My client needed somebody to confide in who wasn't his wife," his lawyer replied. I ignored him, and leaned over to Rand.

"I'm not gonna ask you questions, I'm just gonna tell you what's happening. We have agents at Sharrick's apartment, going through his things. We obtained a warrant for your house, we're going through your emails, phone calls, text messages, and whatever else we can get our hands on. We're talking to the doctor who examined Kennedy ten years ago, we're talking to David Coleson and Emery Harding, not Barrett Willis of course because Sharrick murdered him," I pulled out Fiona and Kennedy's photos and slammed them onto the table. "Right now, Daniel Sharrick has a nine year old girl in his possession, threatening to kill her and Kennedy. And if he's not satisfied, he will. Sharrick obeyed your orders, but you didn't realize he was gonna deviate and make this a game. That makes you an accessory to conspiracy, rape, and murder, and as I recall, the usual punishment for that is life in prison with no chance of parole. You're a war general, you'll go to a federal prison, imagine how many criminals are just dying to get their hands on somebody like you," I said.