45~ Blood Soldier

As soon as the judge called for a recess, I ran after Dr. Carter, just as she was making a bee-line for the elevator.

"Dr. Carter! Wait!" I caught her just in the knick of time.

"Kennedy, it's good to see you again. How's your father?" she asked me.

"Who got to you?" I asked her.

"I beg your pardon?" she said.

"Six months ago, I watched you tell my boss and my colleague about the details of my rape examination in full detail. You agreed to testify on my behalf; then you're in the court room and telling some crap story about mixing up examination reports. So, my first thought is that somebody between the timeline of six months ago and now talked to you, and made sure you wouldn't say anything," I told her.

"Kennedy, I told the truth up there. I'm sorry I couldn't be much more help," she replied, then turned for the elevator again. I grabbed her arm.

"Wait. Did Daniel talk to you?" I asked her, "Did he threaten you?"

"Kennedy-"

"Dr. Carter, I can't help you if you don't help me. Please, you know what they did to me, and you know that Sharrick is guilty. You know Rand is guilty," I told her.

"I'm sorry, but I have nothing left to help. Good luck with the trial," then she walked away. I let out a shaky breath, I felt like I was gonna be sick again. I turned around and headed back for the court room, then I saw Daniel conversing with his lawyer, David, Emery and Jeremy.

"Daniel," I went over to him, completely ignoring Patricia's advice to stay away. He turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Ken, how's the wrist?" he asked.

"What did you say to Dr. Carter?" I asked him.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said.

"No? Or was it you?" I asked Jeremy.

"Ms. Russo, you need to step back," the lawyer said.

"That's Agent to you, you prick!" I snapped at him.

"Step back, or I will call security," he said.

"How do any of you sleep at night? How do you look at yourselves in the mirror?" I asked the other two. They looked at each other and looked down, they better have felt ashamed.

"Could somebody get this mental patient out of here?" Daniel shouted out, clearly enjoying this.

"Ken, come on," Reid grabbed my arm and started pulling me away.

"If I find out that any of you made Dr. Carter lie on the stand, there will be blood," I told them.

"Okay, that's enough out of you!" Reid pulled me to the other side of the room.

"One of them got to Dr. Carter. That's witness tampering!" I told him.

"And what I just heard over there was a death threat. You have to stay away from them, or your credibility on the stand is shot," he replied.

"I can't just stand by and watch them chip away at our case, Spencer!" I exclaimed.

"They won't get away with it. I promise, I promise, I promise. Just take a deep breath," he told me.

"I'm not scared, I'm just really mad right now," I said.

"I know, Garcia's on the stand next, she'll help our case,"

I sure as hell hoped he was right.

Morgan

"What a mess," Garcia said as we went down the court house stepped.