Chapter 13: Mayday!

***Amaya's POV***

It had been several weeks since Chi and I left Ace and the rest of his crew. The breeze was nice and the clouds were everywhere forming different patterns and shapes along the way. Chi and I would watch out the window, seeing as the ocean passed us by unending.

The only moments filled with excitement were when we encountered navy ships. They were quickly dealt with in the same way that I dealt with the one with the White Beard Pirates. I've started to cut them apart without taking the sheaf off the blade. I'm only able to cut off small sections though, so I need to work on it more.

Besides that the flight was rather relaxing until there was a major problem. All of a sudden the plane started to lose power. I hadn't charged the thunder dial since I first began my adventure . It's been well over a year and a half since Chi and I left. Now that I think about it, I'm lucky I made it this far. Fortunately for me as well as Chi there was an island nearby to land.

As I guide the plane in its freefall, I maneuver it towards an empty looking part of the island I'm near. I'm rather lucky. This island is in the calm belt, so there aren't any ports I have avoid while landing. Score.

Changing the direction of the jet dials, I was able to lessen the landing impact, despite the lack of power. We were surrounded by a small clearing at the edge of the island before the terrain changed into a forest.

"You good Chi?" I question once we roughly land. I received an unenthusiastic 'Chi' in response before she plopped down in exhaustion.

I laughed at her reaction. "It wasn't that bad. No need to be so dramatic."

She slightly huffed in response to my laughter, but it was too cute to take seriously.

    I look at the plane before removing the thunder dial.

    "I wonder where we are," I mused. "Well whatever the case, we're stuck on this island until we see some lighting. I can't recharge the dial without it." I state.

    Chi lazily got up and hopped onto my shoulder.

    "Let's climb that mountain next to us and set up the dial to collect future lighting."

    "Chi!"

***

    After prepping the thunder dial in a tall place with a pipe of metal sticking up next to it in the ground, Chi and I went to make a small camp near the grounded plane. It would be best not to let the islanders know that we were here. They would wonder how I got here, and I don't need that.

    I guess until some bad weather shows up, I'll just spend my days training. I wanted to get in some practice with my senbon needles and counting to improve my sword skills. I also practice stretching the limit of the Illusion power, making this part of the island appear normal. I can try to increase the range everyday and try to hold it for longer.

    With my plan set in mind I started to improve my abilities while I waited patiently for lighting.

    Chi also did her usual speed training. She could go so fast now that she looked like a fuzzy blur. Now all she needed was to build her stamina.

***

    It has been MONTHS!! MONTHS! I tell you, and not a single bolt of lighting, not even the smallest sliver. I only need ONE just one to last for a month of flight, but it hasn't even rained.

    On the upside of this annoying situation I've been very accurate in throwing senbon needles at dummies. I started practicing both with and without the Op-Op ability. I'm deadly on point with it, but even without it I can sever major nerves in every major limb.