Chapter 56: Fight to Flee!

***Amaya's POV***

We didn't stay on that level for long. Crocy started off with a bang, quite literally.

Using his sand fruit, he drilled through the ceiling in a spiral motion. Once he was done, we had a new set of spiral stairs that led to the next level. Wasting no time, we were on our way.

Ivankov took the lead, heading towards his secret hideout within Impel Down. We resupplied while Iva started to rally his troops.

Crocy somehow managed to get his old outfit instead of his prison uniform. Jinbe also got a cleaner version of his. I was thrilled to see some normal clothing options.

I got stretchy black leather pants paired with combat boots. I was also given a red shirt that was the same crimson color as my hair. Lastly, I was given a temporary sword and belt until I could find mine. A sword was better than no sword I suppose.

My things would likely be near the upper floors, but there were two things I couldn't leave without. The first was my red sheathed sword from Sabo, and the other was my leg pouch that held those sea prism senbon needles along with my normal ones. Of course that wasn't the only important thing in the pouch.

Wait! Sea Prism Needles! How am I going to use them? I looked around the different items of clothing that surrounded me before I saw my prize. I seized the black leather gloves that matched my pants. They covered the top half of my hands.

These would have to work. It was a good balance, considering my style of fighting. The covered fingers would protect me if I used the sea prism, but the uncovered palms wouldn't affect my sword techniques.

Now that I was dressed and ready for battle, I noticed another face in the crowd. It was Bon or Mr.2. He appeared to be injured and unable to move as Iva was crouching down next to him.

How did I forget that he would be here?! Geez, my plan keeps nearly falling through. Anyways, I need to replan in order to save this man's life. I know that Luffy grew a good friendship with him, and that Bon was going to stay behind to help us escape.

With Iva's devil fruit power that controlled a person's hormones, Bon was back on his feet in no time. We all left the safety of the hideout and entered the frozen wasteland of Level 5.

I'd never been so thankful for Ace's flame fruit until now. I used it to keep my body at a regular temperature while Luffy stayed near me to not freeze himself.

Iva started to give yet another speech to his comrades, most likely telling them that the majority of them wouldn't make it. Luffy and I didn't stick around as we started early for the way out.

Naturally Jinbe and Crocy followed along as we started up a staircase.

"It's ten in the morning! The execution is at three this afternoon." The fish-man said as we climbed the stairs. Well half of us did. I turned the lower half of my body into smoke and pushed my way up. Crocy had a similar idea as his sand levitated him up the stairs behind us.

As Luffy and Jinbe kept talking back and forth, Crocy suddenly pushed himself ahead of the group when we came upon a large wooden door.

"Doors can't stop me!" His deep voice echoed off the walls of the corridor. He raised his right hand to touch the door before the door slowly withered away before our eyes into sand. All that remained was the steel reinforcements that crumbled to the ground as there was no remaining wood to hold it in place.

Gotta admit, that power is legit.

On the other side of the door, stood many masked soldiers. All were carrying weapons from rifles to pitchforks. The guarding ants started swarming around in panic.