Chapter 64: Return to the Groove

***Amaya's POV***

It's been months since I arrived at Gloom Island. And months that I've been tortured, I mean trained by Mihawk. Despite the mental complaints, it wasn't that bad. The results were worth the effort at least.

"Holla holla holla," I hear Perona start her signature laugh. "Chi you're always so cute." She gushed over the cloudfox as she was saying her goodbyes.

Soon Perona turned attention to me before giving me a hug. Yup, you heard right, a hug, and she wasn't even in ghost form. She warmed up to me over the months that we've gotten to know each other.

"I'm gonna miss us annoying the others together." She signed as she pulled away.

I chuckled before giving a mock salute. "I leave the rest in your capable hands." I played along.

"Oi, if we're gonna get going, let's go!" Zoro hurried me along as he led me in the direction of the forest. I found it funny since he didn't even know where I hid my plane.

"Aye aye, Greenie." I state, giving Perona and Mihawk, who was standing behind her, one last smile. "We're off then!" I declare as Chi hops onto my shoulder.

"CHI!" She squeaked her goodbye as we walked away.

We walked through the foliage of the forest before I started to slow down.

Still walking, Zoro looked back at me. "Oi, why'd ya-"

Bang!

Chi and I busted out laughing. Zoro walked right into the concealed plan.

"What the?" Zoro questioned, placing his hands in the air where he felt resistance.

I snapped my fingers, revealing my new red plane.

Rubbing his head where he hit it, Zoro admired the aircraft. "Wow. It's even better than your last one." He comments.

"CHi chi," Chi agreed.

I grinned. "Thanks! Wait till you fly it!"

"Chi!" She squealed in excitement, bounding up to the plane's interior.

I took my normal seat while Zoro took the space behind me for quests. Chi plopped herself down on top of the control console, so she could see out the large windshield.

"Locks up?" I ask my co-pilot.

"Chi!" She affirmed.

Grabbing the controls, I started to funnel electricity into the power supply. "Time for take off!" I turned sideways, keeping one hand on the controls as I looked at Zoro. "You may want to scoot over a little." I warned him.

Although confused, he didn't question it as he moved over.

"Perfect!" Lifting my other hand, I channel fire into the large funnel cannon, facing the back of the plane. This was how I'd gain momentum until I retrieved my jet dials.

Blasting off, we started to move forward along the narrow path before lifting off into the air. Once we were in the sky, I stopped channeling fire and returned to facing the front.

"You got the vivre card?" I ask the swordsman behind me, holding my hand out for him to hand it to me.

"Yeah," he shuffled around before he placed the paper in my hand. His hand lingered against mine before he pulled away.

"Here Chi." I hand her the slip. "You're the navigator. We can't trust Greenie for directions."

"Oi!"