Chapter 44: Night Raid

***Amaya's POV***

We walked to the mansion that had a door within a small walkway. Luffy knocked on the door.

"Excuse me! I'm coming in!" He declared back to back.

"That's too fast! Give 'em more time!" Sanji scolded his manners.

"The door's locked." Luffy mentioned, having been foiled from entering. Luffy knocked on the door a few times, increasing his power as he did until the door contained a fist-sized hole. "It opened right up!" Luffy smiles, entering the building.

"You call that 'opening right up'?" Zoro questioned, following behind the strawhat.

"Gecko Moria! Come out already! " Luffy called out into the room we entered.

It had bright pink walls with randomly placed photos that all had different patchwork designs. There was also a large polar bear rug and a few candles that were sprawled upon the stone floor. Off on the other side of the room a dining room table was flipped upside down.

"What do you think they use this room for?" Franky questioned, looking around.

No one had an answer as we all continued to listen to Luffy calling out.

"This is such a huge mansion... Shouldn't there be at least one servant?" Zoro questions.

"Well if it were a normal mansion, I'd say that they were all asleep since it's midnight, but I think it's safe to say that this isn't a normal mansion. "

"Chi CHi!" She called our attention to a plague on the wall that had a pig's head on it, along with a pair of mounted arms.

"You've got some guts, coming when you know our master's name!" The pig head spoke.

"The piggy is growing out of the wall." Luffy comments, ignoring its comments before.

"There's still more in store for you! Show our guests a warm welcome!" The pig shouted, alerting all the paintings in the room to spring to life.

Each image captured within the painting started to come out of the image, leaving only the end tattered to the frame. The polar bear rug also stood up, and suddenly we were surrounded.

"Oh, jeez! Are these supposed to be zombies?" Sanji complains.

"I think you can find just about any creature imaginable on this island." Robin comments.

Sanji then too sprung into action, kicking the nearest painting to him in the face. "Where the hell did you hide Nami?!" He angrily questioned.

Another painting of a woman was heading for Robin as she screamed with an unhinged jaw.

"It's improper for a lady to open her mouth gaping wide." Robin lectured her as she activated her powers to twist the figure in a painful manner.

Some other zombies attempted to attack Franky with weapons, but they broke on impact, freaking them out.

"W-what is your body made of, iron?!" The zombie shouted. "Weren't those weaklings from earlier a part of your crew!?" He panickedly asks.

"Yes!" Franky shouted, bashing the two zombies's heads together.

"Two-Sword-Style, Two-Cutter! Flash!" Zoro called out, taking down another three zombies.

I threw a couple of fireballs at the ones nearing me, having already figured out the zombies' weakness to the element.

Luffy laughed as he ran away from the bear rung attempting to attack him. "This island really is fun!"

"Darn it!" The rug kept swiping its claws at him. "You're one fast bastard!" It complained.