CH 3 : A DAY TO REMEMBER

AUTHOR 

AUTHOR 

Aditya stumped the stamp on the paper. "Well done AM," Pratap said. In these 2 months everyone had grown a habit of calling Aditya as AM like people use to call him in Delhi.

He smiled in return. "How many guns and bombs?" Pratap asked pointing towards the boxes seized just a while before.

"100 guns and 50 bombs," he replied. It was the 17th successfully execution of Aditya.

Just after the day he had came Mumbai he had tackled the whole case. He had seized multiple drug dealings, weapon dealings.
However he was still worried because he did not got any clue about Spade Ace.

"That's all for today." He announced.

"All OK?" Rahul asked unable to digest the words. Aditya Malhotra going home before 12 night was like moon setting in east. Means impossible but the day has something special. So the impossibles are also possible.
____________________________________________

Ragini was sitting in the balcony with her book but something was different. She was stareing at the book furiously like she would cut anyone's throat and shove it to a dog.
Just then the door bell rang. She stumped the book on the table. She opened the door to find Aditya with his most appealing grin but her face was stern as before.

"How was your day Innu? How is your new office?" He asked coming inside the house.

"As worse as my mood," she replied forcing a smile. She turned her head the other side to avoid killing him with her gaze.

"By the way Happy anniversary Innu." He said gathering all his confidence. He knows his wife and the consequences of not spending time together in some special occasions.

"Gladdd atleast you remember." She yelled turning towards him.

"Ofcourse I remember." He muttered lowering his gaze. He went inside the bedroom.

His behavior made her roll her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes Innu." He shouted from inside without even looking at her. He knew his wife very well. Her activities when she is sad or angry.

"I wasn't rolling my eyes." She tried to lie.

"Ya ya," he said in a sarcastic way from inside.

"What do you expect from me? Sundays are not Sundays anymore. You come home late at night and most of the nights you don't even come." She yelled in the highest pitch. Aditya lowering his gaze came in casuals. He picked up a bottle of water in between her rants. He started drinking the water.

"Tell me clearly don't you love me anymore. Are you having any affair outside?" She gasped at her own thoughts.

Her words made him spit the water.

"Are you mad?" He shouted

"Yes I am mad. Mere life jhand ho gaye hai. And my sex life, wo toh gaya hai bhaad mein tel lene." She rested her face on her palm.

(My life is hell now. And my sex life has went to hell to buy oil.)

"Add a filter to your mouth." He chuckled at the choice of her words.

She didn't responded. He sighed looking at her sad wife. He eyed at the clock.

"Ok there is still 50 minutes left of our anniversary," he said. He grabbed her hand .

"Where? You ruined my anniversary. Abb kya chahiya?" She tauted him.

(Now what you want?)

"Tum." He grabbed her hand once again and pulled her outside.

(You)

After a 10 minutes rickshaw ride with mountains of sorry Aditya asked to stop the rickshaw.

"Adi I am in my simplest kurti which I wore at night. I am looking like a dayan. Where are we going?" She complained

"Arry you look perfect. Let's go." He tugged her hair strands behind her ear.

He closed her eyes with his two hand and once they reached the place he opened her eyes . She was mesmerized by the ethereal beauty infront of her eyes.

There was a shore infront of her eyes. It was around 11:30. The shore had very minimal people.

They went near the rocks and settled there. For a few minutes they closed their eyes and felt the soft breezes making sensation in their body. The voice of the waves with the slow sound of giggles and other voices mesmerized them.

Ragini opened her eyes to find Aditya already looking at her with the whirlpool emotion glazing in his eyes.

"I am sorry Innu," he whispered taking her hand in his.

"That you should be but it's okay. This is the most beautiful gift I could ever have," she said with a smile.

"I could never gave you the life other husband's gives their wife's. They spend their wealth to make them happy and my only wealth , the only precious thing I have is you," he  said. Before he could say anything more she slammed her lips on his.

Until they became breathless they were diving the desire of love.

"You will never leave me na?" she asked detaching from him.

"Never," he whispered in a deep voice.

"This is my gift." She assured him placing her head on his shoulder.

Their eyes fell on a family sitting on the sand. They were enjoying their time. A little boy of around four or five with his mom and dad. It carved a smile on Aditya's face.

Something flashed across his mind and he said "Innu one day we will also have a family like them." He pointed at that family. A smile painted on her face at his thought.

"And we will also come here and spend a lot of family time together." He kissed her head giving her a side hug.

"We will see," she said mockingly knowing he would never sacrifice his work for anyone.

"Ofcourse you will see. You will sit on the sand just infront of the sea and I will sit beside you. We will watch our little one playing in sand. I will kiss you every now and then and the whole sea will be filled with our giggles. Then happily ever after." He recited without taking a breath.

Meanwhile Ragini was looking at her living his words. She took his face and placed a kiss on his lips.

                          A NOVEL BY DIVYA THAKUR

WITH LOVE
YOURS
DIVYA THAKUR