CH 38: THE CULPRIT

ADITYA MALHOTRA

                    ADITYA MALHOTRA

Eight months. I have spent a fucking eight months without my Innu. Everyday it felt like I was just breathing but I was not alive.

Everytime I looked at the ring shining in my figure the memory of Innu washed through me. It was the most priceless ring in the whole world not because it is of diamond but because my Innu gave me this with her first salary.

Those days when we use to make love for hours. Then cuddle eachother whispering sweet talks. Ahh!! Those days. Where they went.

But now those memories only fans my wounds.

However all these days I understand how much I love my Ragini. The distance made me realize how important she is for me to even breath.

I just want my Innu back in the place she belongs, in my arms.

My reverie broke when the principal lead me inside the college. The college where Satvika use to teach.

I opened the cupboard where she use to keep her belongings but there was nothing but some notebooks. The laptop was clean. Fucking no clue.

Although Rizwan had told me that he had searched properly yet I wanted to check everything once again.

I slouched on a chair. I pressed my forehead. When is this going to end!

"Sir tea?" I looked up to find a old man standing with a glass of tea.

I took it. "It feels good that someone is trying to find Satvika madam's culprit." I acknowledged with a nod.

"What do you do here?" I asked.

"I am a driver but I do other small tasks in the college for some extras." He smiled.

Suddenly a question popped in my head.
"How was Satvika as a person?"

"People use to say she was rude but I know she had a heart of gold. When my daughter was ill she gave all her money to help me." He sighed.

"She didn't mingle with anybody. We can't really blame her she had seen a lot in her life." He shook his head sadly.

"Always kept everything in her heart. She didn't even use to share anything with Ankita madam. Always reserved." He chuckled.

"She had built this big ramparts around her. I thought Tahir sir could do something but...." He sighed sadly. My ears peeked.

Tahir? Who is this? I have never heard this name.

"Who is Tahir?" I asked.

"You don't know about Tahir sir," he said as if it was too obvious to know him.

"Tahir sir was the only male from there species with whom Satvika madam ever talked." He laughed a bit.

Maybe Tahir is the guy she loved.

"Where he lived? When was the last time you saw him?"

"I don't know. I have only seen him once when I went to drop Satvika madam."

I got up pulling him in a empty room.

"The day Satvika died. Did she went to meet this Tahir?" I asked patiently.

"Don't k..now sir." He stammered.

Why this universe can't see me in my cool state?

I slowly took menacing steps towards him.
"Tell me truly."

"I am sa..ying the truth." Sweat beads dropped from his forehead.

I took out my gun. He started shivering like a leaf.

I frowned asking him again. I landed a hot slap in his face.

"Sir she was talking with Tahir sir about meeting him in night." He whipped his sweat.

Who is this Tahir?

                            A NOVEL BY DIVYA THAKUR

Small and late update. Sorry. I will try to update another one in night too.

WITH LOVE
YOURS
DIVYA THAKUR