CH 34: VANSH'S PAST

🎶Sanson ki Mala (instrument)

                      RAGINI MALHOTRA

                      RAGINI MALHOTRA

I never knew my days in this house would go so smoothly. I was wrong about Vansh. Everyone was. He is one of the best man I have ever came across in my entire life.

Initially, we use to fight, insult eachother and not to forget exchange words dipped with sarcasm. But now it is all different. From last few days he was coming home early. We are having dinners together.

However I am the one who speaks about different stuffs and he just listens to me without even blinking.

Unknowingly his patience, his soft talks does something which I have never felt. Something very incomprehensible.

Today I retired to my bed early as I got my periods. Since then I was turning and tossing in the bed but sleep was no where in my eyes.

I groaned again. Maybe a cup of tea would help.

I tossed my covers off coming out to the hall. I hadn't had a midnight craving from months but now as I am making my tea every morning my mouth got its taste back.

I flipped on the kitchen lights, opened the fridge and took out the milk.

"Do you need anything?" A voice encroached the silent kitchen. I didn't need to turn. It was Vansh.

"No." I said adding the sugar and tea leaves in the milk.

He leaned on wall. "Why did you sleep so early today?" Although it was a question but sounded more like a complain.

"Aww! Did you miss me?" I grinned.

"Yes." Well I didn't expect that reply. A crocky or sarcastic reply would have been better.

He opened the fridge taking out a bowl of chocolate icecream.

"Who drinks tea in middle of the night?" He asked.

"Humans." I shrugged.

To my surprise and disgust he added two gulab jamun in the icecream.

Well I love icecream and gulab jamun but separately.

"Who eats gulab jamun dipped in icecream?" I scrowled.

"The great Vansh Raguvanshi." He smirked.

Nice comeback but I don't have to show it to him so I maintained my frown.

"Come on. It was a better comeback than yours." It was. My frown disappeared and I hummed.

"You know when I was a kid. My Di use to work in a small tea stall for extra money and one day when asked her why she was doing this she said she loved tea so she worked there." A wavered smile spread across his lips.

"I use to lie everyday that I have fever so that she can take me with her." It was the first time he was taking about his family.

"You love your Di," I said and he nodded enthusiastically.

"And your parents?" His smile faded, shoulder tensed.

"I am outside." Now what happen to him?

I poured my tea and came out from the kitchen. He was in the lawn sitting on the pavement which was very unusual.

I took a sit beside him. His eyes still sticked towards the flowers.

The weather was splendid. A little rain had stopped a few minutes back. The crystal drops on the petals making the flowers even more beautiful and shiny in the moonlight.

"The weather is beautiful like...the feeling of love." I could not find any other beautiful thing to compare.

"Or as devastating as love?" He picked up a flower which was fallen due to the rain.

"Why do you hate love so much Vansh?" I couldn't comprehend the depth of hatred he had for love.

"I don't hate love. I just hate how it ends up.. leaving you in pieces scattered."

"Maybe your experience is not so magnificent." My words were not enough to prove my point.

There was a silence.

"My parents were very good humans unlike me." He broke the silence.

"My mother was a really beautiful woman." My head tilted. "Like very beautiful. No wonder why my father was so crazy for her."

I was still in my daze half amused, half happy.

"Now I know where you got your handsome traits from." I joked and it worked as he chuckled.

"I was really small to remember but Di always use to say they were this happy power couple. So much in love. Rahul and Malini Raghuvanshi."

He have never said his parents name infront of anyone. There are many media reports, articles about his success his companies but there was nothing about his parents.

"But despite a fancy surname we had nothing. I won't say we were poor but we were a middle class family. But we were happy very happy untill..." He took a shallow breath.

"Untill one day my mother..died in an accident."

I felt a hard heart ache.

"Papa use to say that he wished for a lasting love, the love lasted but the lover left." I felt a pang hit my chest.

"What happened to your father?" I asked my throat was tight.

"Akele rona aur Akela hona insaan ko bahut majboor bana deta hai." Unidentifiable emotions flashed through his eyes before he shut them up.

(Being alone and lonely makes a person very helpless)

"He tried to move on. He tried to indulge in work, even alcohol but none of them worked. Eventually the heartbroken husband became a bad father." My heart wavered.

"I feel sorry for him," I said. The air heavy with the unknowing feelings.

"Don't. He was nothing but a coward and blind man." His voice raised. "He was coward to live a life without his wife. He was blind to see his two children. He was the worst father."

"You don't mean it."

"I do mean it Amore. He was selfish because he killed himself for his wife throwing the burden of his eight year old son on his fourteen year old daughter." His throat chocked.

"After my father died my father's bastard friend adopted us just to throw us when he got our property."

His voice was not the usual arrogant one rather it was so venerable.

My cheeks warm up with tears.

"Heyy Amore don't cry." His hands raised but curled. "Your Vansh is a fighter. I fought and here I am."

I chuckled and a warm smile spread across his lips.

"You deserve the whole world Vansh." My eyes met his.

"Then be my whole world Amore."

A gallery of emotions flickered through his eyes.

I wanted to forget all my words, all bondages just wanted to comfort him around my arms.

What is happening to me?

                            A NOVEL BY DIVYA THAKUR

I will try to update another chapter in night. How was it? Finger crossed its not boring.

WITH LOVE
YOURS
DIVYA THAKUR