CH 5: WHERE IS RAGINI??

AUTHOR

                                  AUTHOR

A bucket full of water landed on Ragini's face. She was startled and coughed a little. She tried to move her body a bit but was unable to move. She slowly opened her eyes to find a man in his late 20 standing infront of her.

He was tall and sharp. He was wearing a Bluetooth headset. She looked around and found many men in black dresses standing silently looking at her.

She was tied with a rope. She was wearing the same white dress which she had wore last night. The white dress was tainted with mud and dust patches.

"She woke up," the man said on the speaker.

"Where am I?" She murmured. But it was clearly audible to others because of the silence. She sat up with great difficulty.

"Congratulations!! You are alive. We don't know for how long but you are alive. And about where you are? You are not in hell but not less than hell," the man roared.

Her heart stumped. It took a minute for her to realize that the man was the same Audi man. He is the same man who had stopped the car. A lone tear rolled down her cheeks. Her mind flashed and suddenly she remembered Adi. She tried to remembered what had happened. Her mind only reached only when she had asked for help. After she turned back she did not knew what happened next.

The same man stood infront of her. "Wondering where your dearest husband is??" he spatted "Don't worry he is the hospital and he is fine."

A breeze of relief passed her. She closed her eyes unable to take a single breath .

"What do you want?" she said with a panting voice.

"Nothing much. Your husband had maligned us. Now it's our turn Mrs Malhotra. We don't have a personal problem with you. We were doing our jobs very peacefully but your husband is the one who came in between and now you are dragged in all this mess." He showed her fake pity.

"Wh..o hu..sband ? Who Mr...s Mal..hotra? What are y..ou tal..king ?" she managed to complete her sentence between her shutter .

The man frowned in confusion. He leaned a bit to make a deadly eye contact.

"What? Are you trying to play some sort of game girl? Trust me we are not some gentleman. If you are lying and thinking we will not find it. You are absolutely wrong." He warned showing his index finger with widened eyes.

A shiver ran through her spine but she was ready to take the risk. Seeing the gang she was sure they will take her life anytime. Also if they found that she was lying and they will know that she is Aditya's wife that time too they won't spare her. In both the circumstances she was going to lose her life. So she was ready to take the risk, to play the game of life and death.

"So who are you?" the man asked coming back to his position.

She took a breath and gulped.

"I am Nandini. I am a writer. I work for the Pen and paper publications. You can investigate if you have any doubt," she uttered slowly gathered up her courage.

In her office no one knew her real name. Everyone knows that she is Nandini  , the bestseller writer.

The man stumped his fit and went outside.
She drooled around. The place was too dark. It's like the darkness was engulfing her slowly.

____________________________________________

Aditya was injured and weak but it was like he had became blind. He was roaming like a mad man in the whole city. Starting from call all over Delhi to searching every corner of Mumbai, Aditya had left no stone unturn for finding Ragini.

It was like he did not wanted to believe that she was kidnapped. Searching where ever he could he reached the police station.

"Rahul see we have not received any call, any message ,any threaten. So there is a possibility that she is not kidnapped," he said helplessly.

Rahul didn't knew what to say because it was quite evident that she is kidnapped but he himself got worried to see the stone like firm man being so disturbed.

"Ya may be she is not," Rahul assured him.

Aditya run his finger through his hair. Every worse ideas happening with her was coming in his mind.

"But what if he had kidn....."

"NOOOO." Aditya yelled cutting Rahul.

"If. AM. I am saying if Ragini has gone  kidnapped then we should start our investigation." He patted his shoulder.

Aditya stumped inside the washroom.

"Nothing can happen to my Innu," he said to himself.

He can't get weak. He thought.

He splashed some water in his face like he was waking himself to reality. The bitter reality. But reality is like darkness if you close your eyes that doesn't mean the darkness had vanished.

Aditya gathered himself and came outside.

He sat straight. "Okay so let's start with the man who saved me .Vansh Raguvanshi .I am sure he would have seen something," he said to Rahul.

"But how we gonna do it?" he asked

"What how? We are going to interrogate him as simple as that."

"There are multiple cases on him and he has so much authority over the govt and the economy we can't even afford to call him to the station and apart from this ,his men had found you," he justified.

It was true. Vansh Raguvanshi was one of the most influential people of india. Multiple cases were on him but he never stepped on the soil of police station. He has much power to change the Government in a night or change the economic conditions of the country. Vansh Raguvanshi never cope ups with the situation he changes the situation in favor of him.

He gets what he wants no matter for how many limits he has to break.

                        A NOVEL BY DIVYA THAKUR

WITH LOVE
YOURS
DIVYA THAKUR