CH 23: MR AND MRS MALHOTRA

I had never known about happiness before, not until he stood infront of me smiling at me, confessing his love like a medicine for me

You know I was never able to forget my pain for a mere second but he made me forget everything other than him.

When Adi was selected as a IPS officer he proposed me for marriage. But we both knew it wasn't easy to convince his family. Especially his mother, she was a orthodox lady. All she believed was caste, family, name.

That day I was in the market.

"Kya bhaiya 200 rupee ke jhumke, sone ke hai kya?" I was fighting with the shopkeeper. You know you should never buy anything without bargaining.

(What brother? 200 rupee worth earrings. Is it of gold.)

I picked up the jhumka and stood infront of the mirror.

"Beautiful." Someone said but before I could turned, my gaze met with his brown eyes. It was my Adi.

"Adi." A smile plastered on my face. I turned. He took the earrings from my hands and made me wear it. This man makes me feel so many butterflies so easily.

Once he was done with the jhumka he made me turn.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"So like Ragini Aditya Malhotra." He whispered. My cheeks turned red.

"Marry me as soon as possible Innu." He kissed the back of my head. I nodded.

Our eyes were locked with eachother inside the mirror.

In childhood we use to read the story of the witchcraft were they use to have a mirror ball and the mirror use to show the future. I never believed in that but that day I started believing in magic mirror because I could see my blissful future in the mirror.

"I can't wait to make you mine." I turned towards him.

"Come home tonight. I talked with my parents," He said taking my hand.

"What? You talked and what did you say?" I inquired.

"I said that your son had fallen in love with a theif." He shrugged.

"Whattt?"

"Ya who had stole his heart." He giggled. I punched his shoulder slightly.

"Such a chessy line," I said.

"Okay byee. I have to go. Don't be late. Be there at sharp 7pm." He waved me and sat inside the jeep.

"What do I wear?" I asked.

"Anything. Just be yourself. I know they will love you." I waved him back.

God knows but why that day the time flew like air. I got up from the auto and paid. I took a deep breath as I stood infront of the Malhotra Nivas.