Chapter 5

Unknown POV..

Ms. Bev retrieve her umbrella from her bag to shield herself from the hot morning sun on her way to the bus stop. She mumbles to herself about how these taxi driver wouldn't even drive down in her lane so that she wouldn't have to do this much walking.

Ms. Bev knows her condition and that Kayla don't want her to travel alone but she is tired of being alone everyday just watching tv or talking on the phone with her sister.

Kayla wouldn't like to know that she is travelling to go see her sister when her aunt(Mitchell) is much healthier to visit. Kayla don't even like to refer to her mom's sister as her aunt because she is a very hype person and always talking down on her mother's kids like her daughter is better than them.

"Ms. Bev, long time me nuh see yuh" Ms. Madge call out to her which have her stopping for a while.

"bwoy Ms. Madge, I can't tell when last me cum outta me house" Ms. Bev reply as she walk under the shady tree at the fence of Ms. Madge yard.

" So how things with yuh?" Ms. Madge inquires, knowing her sickness.

"Jus a tek it step by step missis and with God on my side, I have a long way to go" Ms. Bev chuckles.

"A tru Bev, so weh you ago ina dis ya sun hot ya?" She persists with her questions.

"A bullbay me ago up a me sista, she flying from last week and mi just a get fi go see her" Ms. Bev answer.

"Ok be safe on the road ya because time serious ya" Ms. Madge advice her.

They bid their goodbyes and Ms. Bev go on her way. Her entire mood change as a car stop at her feet and the window whine down revealing the person behind the steering.

"wa gwan Ms. Bev? cum me drop you weh ya go?" Prezii offers, knowing Ms. Bev hate his gut but nevertheless, he respect the elders.

"Bwoy galong weh ya guh, me beg yuh drive?" she hiss her teeth and walk off.

Prezii shake his head and pull out his phone then dial a taxi to come pick her up. Blacks was on the next lane and in minutes he come pick up Ms. Bev then Prezii drive off to where ever he is going. When he reach out of the main road, he spot his friend Ziggy at the bar near by and he decide to stop for while.

"Wa gwan mi boss" Ziggy drag on each word while bouncing fist with Prezii.

"A how yuh lobe out ya suh dwag?" Prezii inquires as he peep over the bar counter on the browning around it.

"Nuh the browning me a program ova deh so" Ziggy grin as he too look back at Sherel.

"Bredda, a how yuh have nature fi them gyal deh man, weh so much man name call pon and yuh have yuh good woman round so?" Prezii asks leaning on his car and fold his arms together on his chest.

"Kmt dwag, the gyal Shantel nuh know herself dwag and mi can't do the one burner thing like you enu. Kayla is a nice girl fi settle wid b-

"Yow, mine how ya talk" Prezii warn him.

"bossy, mi just a she Shantel is nth like her so me can't settle wid her" Ziggy finish what he was saying.

"bredda sort out yuh life man and watch yuh back out ya enu, me ago deal wid a thing fi Nelly and fawud" Prezii say to him while entering his car.

"Yea bossy, haile the boss fimi deh"

Prezii nod his head then speed down the road, Ziggy then enter the bar and order a drink of Campari and magnum. He then starts talking flirtatiously to Sherel when a guy ride up on a bike and enter the bar. Ziggy eyes his suspiciously as he order a cold dragon from Sherel. She turn to the refridgerator but before she could retrieve the dragon, gunshots echo in her ears and she fall flat on her stomach wailing.