Chapter 8

Continue....

So do ya'll know this little feeling we Jamaican children get when out parents especially our mom's give us that look- the serious side eye when they are with a friend of their's or in public and we ask for something that they don't want to give us or can't give us?

Yes that same feeling is what I am having now under Ackeem's stare and I shouldn't be feeling this way everytime a man feels the need to talk to me or if I am talking to a male friend.

The awkwardness lift a bit when Ziggy, Shantel and Monique start a conversation about the food but Ackeem stares remain which have me feeling tense. I slowly force myself with small potion of food after suddenly having an appetite lost.

Yuh probably lost something else later to when him have yuh alone..... my subconscious speaks which let me gulp down the piece of food hard without chewing it.

"Yuh know da place ya really nice and mi wud a cum back here" Monique compliments, she looks on me and I know she sees the tension between ackeem and I.

"Yes it nice" I answers short, avoiding Ackeem's stares and continue my food.

Him all stop eat to rawse... him plate barely touch.

"Nice place mon, me cum ya aready wh-" Ziggy didn't get to finish his sentence because Shantel jump in.

"Who and yuh cum down ya aready? Because a no mi" Shantel asks, all up in Ziggy's face.

"Sometime you fi kool enu my girl, every weh you go wid yuh loud self" Ziggy hiss him teeth.

Them start now...atleast it take Ackeem's eyes off a me fi a while....

"So mi ask a simple question and now me loud?" Shantel hiss her teeth as well.

"Yuh  mek me dun talk my girl, yuh jus lo-

"So ansa mi den, a which one a yuh germs and yuh come ya aready?" She persist with anger creeping in her voice.

Mi not even a say nth enu becaz me know this ya man ya have plan fi mi so me just a continue relax in a da moment ya.

"Yow Ziggy tek eh woman and guh one side wid that man" Ackeem intervene.

"Yow dwag, me tell you bout da bl**tcl**t gyal ya enu and her attitude.... Di woman just love argument dwag" Ziggy hiss and push back his chair then get up.

"Who ya call gyal? Me loo- let mi go" Shantel snap when Ziggy grab her arm, yanking her up.

The two of them argue out of the restaurant leaving the rest of us. Feeling awkward again, I look up at Monique just to see that she is staring right back at me. Ackeem push back his chair and hover over me.

"Cum" he mutters to me.

Bombo now!

I look up at him and fear sprinkle down my spine, I slowly got up. Monique quickly get up afterwards when she sees him grab my hand and about to wheel me out of here.

"K, yuh nah make we botha go a the spa?" She walks to my side, actually blocking my entrance.

"Y-yea" I look up on Ackeem, who didn't look please.

"Prezii, yuh a come to or wah?" She then look up on him.

"Me nuh want nuhbody hand pon me so unu gwan, me ago find a bar fi chill" he release my hand and I feel relief.

"Text mi weh yuh ago deh" I say to him, moving closer to Monique.

"Mhmm" he hums then glare at me before walking away.