Chapter 22

Introducing: Sherel MacFarlane

●●August●●

One thing with my friends, they are going to turn up the music when them come inside of my car. It's like they can't vibe if the music Is not high and me know one a these days, police ago ticket me because a them but me not even a worry abut it because a them ago pay it.

Both Monique and Shantel sing along with dexter dap {forever} while rocking to the rhythm. I look at them both with a smile and shake my head before taking the turn to enter sovereign center.

Since Shantel and I have been on the road from morning, we get hungry and decide to come here for lunch but we pick up Monique first as it is her lunch time.

"Unu tun dung d music" I call out to them and Monique oblige.

"a suh quick wi reach ya so" Shantel says opening the car door and steps out while pulling down her skirt.

I make sure that all doors are close before we walking into the building. I didn't want anything light so we decided on little toyko where I order sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and pepsi. Monique and Shantel order bbq chicken, one with fried rice and the other rice and peas with pepsi aswell.

After receiving our food, we find a table that's suitable for the three of us and I wasted no time to dig into my food. While eating, I take my phone out and responding to a few text messages then place it down on the table.

"Mi nah go back a work enu" Monique gives out as she use her fingers to take up the chicken leg and sink her teeth in it.

"Gyal yuh nuh have no home training, watch her wid the chicken leg" Shantel laugh.

"a fi mi money buy it so mi ago nyam it any how mi like, tink me business bout people" Monique hiss as she take another bite and lick off her fingers.

"Suh yuh nah go ketch trouble Monique" I asks her pertaining to what she said earlier.

"Dem lucky enu, mi ears and mi mouth tired now and wah hawt mi cah get fi diss up some a dem customer deh.... as mi done mi a text mi supervisor mek she kno seh a doctor mi deh" she reply seriously.

"Yuh bad eh" Shantel rest back in her chair and looks at Monique.

"Suh mi fi kill off mi self pon people ole wuk?" Monique asks giving Shantel attitude.

"Mi neva seh suh enu girl" She answers sipping on her drink.

"Mi glad mi wuk fimi self becaz-

"Monique 2?" Shantel cuts me off, picking my phone up and showing it to Monique before they both give me a quizzical stare.

With my phone repeatedly ringing, I gnaw on my lips trying to avoid both their stares and question. I told Jullius to stop calling me but whenever he feels like I am avoiding him which I am doing he calls.