Chapter 34

Kayla.

The banging on the front grill snap me from my trance, my eyes shift to my phone where Shauna voice is coming from. I reach for it as I search down the house for the keys.

"Kayla!" Calling coming from outside along with banging on the grill.

"Shauna mek mi call you back" I hastily says to her.

"Kayla mi wah ta-

I end the call and throw my phone aside then swing the front door open. The sunlight beam into my face which I shield off with one of my hand as I walk to the gate.

"Thank you Lord, you almost give we attack girl" Tamara says breathlessly as she rest both her hands on her knees.

As soon as I open the grill, Brandon rushes in and hug me tightly.

"Mi think yuh get hurt tuh" he says with broken voice.

"Bradon mi aright" I sniffs as the thought of Ackeem being dead soak inside of me.

"You sure?" Tamara steps inside, she looks at me with pity in her eyes.

"No" I cry out and she hug me.

"A tru Kayla?" Brandon asks, drying his tears.

"Mi nuh sure, a Shauna juss tell mi suh mi ago see wa gwan" I answers leaning off Tamara's shoulder.

"That isn't safe Kayla after what you went through already" Tamara says.

"Tam mi affi go see if him alright and mi fren dhem too" I quiet sob as I remove the key from the lock.

"Let me come with you then" she offers and I nod.

"Mi a cum to-

"No" Tamara and I says simultaneously, turning out attention to Brandon.

"Ok kool, treat mi like pickney same way" Brandon mumble and walk off inside.

I walk off behind him, I throw on a grey joggers and a white sneakers then scoop my braids into a ponytail.

I grab cash and my phone then head out, Tamara decided to drive since I am not in my right state of mind.

_______

"Tap yasso" I say to Tamara as we look on a large crowd that form on the main road and crime scene police rolling out yellow tapes.

As soon as she park, I jump out of the car and push through the crowd searching for any sign of my friends.

"Nooooo! Him cah dead! Please mek mi go see fimi self.... mi man nuh dead!" I hear wailing from a voice I know very well.

"Monique!" I shout out as I see her and Kady along with two officers trying to hold Shantel from tearing down the yellow tape Infront of then.

"Kayla!" I hear Tamara calling after me.

I reach to where they are breathlessly.

"Kno how long we a try get to yuh" Monique says.

"Unu let mi guh! Mi man nuh dead!" Shantel scream out trying to flash them off of her.

"A wa-

I look over the yellow tape and see the parlour workers covering three bodies with white sheet. My heart sinks to my feet, everything around me sound faintly and my eyes becomes blurry with tears.

A who fa body dhem deh?

"Kayla!" Tamara shake me from my trance. "Kayla look at me" she turn my head away from the bodies.