Chapter 21

After leaving Price mart, I enter Wendy's drive through to grab me some food because I am starving. I haven't eaten since I finish my first clients nails and it wasn't anything heavy.

I frown when I join the queue and see that there are five cars before me. Reaching for my bag on the passenger's seat, I dig for my phone and open up my WhatsApp to ask Brandon if he wants anything here. My eyes pop open when I see a message from a unknown person and I knows exactly how it is right away.

1876 4045779: sup pretty face?

My fingers hitch as I decide to reply but decide against it, he trick me into getting my number and now expecting me to talk with him. As much as I low key find him interesting, I know how these things end and once Ackeem have the slightness idea of me and another man even if it's a friend then that will be history to tell and so far there have been no problems between us and I will like it to remain that way.

me: Mi deh Wendy's yuh wah nth?

I drop my phone between my legs before driving up in the line, two more cars and then it's my turn and I hope to get his reply soon. I make sure gives enough space to the car infront of me incase it reverse  then check the new message that I hear come in.

"Nuh tap text mi" I sigh when I see that's it's not Brandon.

1876 4045779: yuh nah ansa mi?

This nigga though, I roll my eyes exiting his message then go on to see what Brandon's reply is as there is just now one car then my turn.

Brandon: A spicy chicken box.

me: ok

I order two spicy chicken box when it's my turn then I drive to the parking lot and place Brandon's own on the back seat and have mine in the car because I couldn't wait until I reach to Portmore. Julius keeps on sending me message on WhatsApp that I ignore and delete and he seems to get that I am not interest and stop.

____________

I pull up at the front of Aunty Michelle gates and Brandon run comes to open the gate so I can back up the yard. I see that Tamara is home because her car is park up on the car porch and for that I will not be staying long.

"Brandon tek out the groceries dem fuss nuh" I told him as he move to get the food on the back seat first.

"Mi hungry enu Kayla" He grumbles while stuffing his mouth with some fries.

"Yuh cousin no cook?" I ask him as I pop the trunk open.

"Yes but mi nuh wah no corn beef and rice rite now" he mumbles sipping on some of the juice.

"Kayla" Tamara walks out on the verandah.

"Tamara" I call back as I place two bags on the car porch.

Each bag I place there she and Brandon takes them up and walks inside with them because I am not going in there, one thing with me, I know to keep my boundaries. After the last two bags, Brandon and I lean against my car as he finish up his food.

"A which exams yuh do today?" I asks him.

"TD and info" he answers.

"Yuh think yuh mash them up" I asks him.

"The TD but the info did hard" he answer emphasis on "hard".

"Yuh ago pass all 8 a dem, mi sure a dat... a when a graduation again?" I asks him

"The 28 of this month"

"ok, the gyal nuh deal wid yuh nuh way ya?" I asks referring to Tamara.

"No sa, we hardly in a each other way jus when a dinna time or if she carry mi go school. she arite enu Kayla" he looks up at me.