Chapter 32

Saturday Morning

Like every other morning, I get out of bed and do my morning routine before heading to the kitchen to make breakfast. I don't normally make breakfast when I have work instead I would grab something at starbucks or juici beef but since my greedy brother is here and I am not working today so I decide to make breakfast.

As I pass the living room to go to the kitchen, I see Brandon sprawl off on my settee sleeping. I don't like when anyone sleep in my settee but because I was so tired lastnight to drop him off so he just spend the night.

mi really need fi get a two room..

I enter the kitchen and head straight to the fridge where I collect a package of chopped callaloo, pakchoi, cabbage and carrot that I already prep yesterday and with it I will be cooking cornmeal dumplings, yam and banana. I started moving around the kitchen, preparing the food and then I hear my phone ringing from the room.

I quickly dry my hands and run to the room to answer it.

"Hello Stranger" Christine voice greets as her face came into view on the video call.

"Sup Chrissy?" I asks as I make my way back to the kitchen, I quickly check the pots before leaning the phone up against the sugar container.

"I'm here on mommy's duties and decided to check on you, it's been a while" she said as she place her sleeping baby down.

She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl name Olivia Skai Dragonheart.

"I'm ok, sorry I haven't been in touch but I am just getting back on my feet... How's livie?" I asks.

"She's doing well" She answers as she pull a blanket over her then move away from the crib.

"and Nelly?" I asks.

I quickly move to the food pot and lift the cover so it wouldn't boil over on the stove. I then half close the pot and check on the vegetables before heading back to the phone.

"He's good, here he is" she reply.

"Sup sis, nuh like how you dash we weh enu and yuh fi know seh yuh a mi fam fi life whether yuh and prezii deh or not" Nelly says as he pops his head into the phone blocking out Christine.

"I kno, just getting back on my feet mhon" I smile.

We talk some more before we said our goodbyes and I continue my cooking which is almost finish. the kettle soon stop whistling and I pour the hot water on our hot chocolate tea then I stir them around. I turn the stove off when the food is finish then reach for two plates and dish it out.

Brandon walks out from the bathroom and enter the kitchen just in time to have his breakfast.

Him can time pot gud essi mhon.

"Thanks sista" He says while sitting down.

"No problem" I says while I take my seat. "Mi ago supermarket when mi done so write wah yuh ago want" I says as I pull my food closer to me.

I want to get everything done that I have for today so I have enough time to get ready for Shantel's party later.

"Mi wei come wid yuh" He answers.

"Ariite"

We continue our breakfast in silence while we both pay attention to our phone.

________

Brandon and I move from aisle to aisle loading our trolley with items we need. I let him take a trolley for himself so he can put the goods he need in his.