Chapter 28

5 weeks later..

University Hospital of the west Indies

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"You're recovering speedily Ms. Mullings" Doctor Yung smile as he finish checking me up.

I must say my experience here at uwi is a very good one that I can't complain about. The nurses and doctors are really friendly and treats me well.Ackeem paid for me to have my private room and to get the best care and they didn't fail.

The tragedy that happened to me last month haunts me until today, sometimes I will just lie in bed and cry asking God why did he allow such thing to happened to me but then again I praise him for saving my life.

Everyone thought I was going to die after losing so much blood and spending two and a half weeks in a coma. Ackeem got me to transfer to uwi asap after he was told about my condition and here is where my recovery started.

I still feel pain where I got shot which is in my stomach twice and where they cut me  when doing the surgery, hurts a bit.

"I guess I can go home now" I look up at Doctor yung.

"Yes after a few more test and we receive your result then you can go home" He assure me.

"Thank you" I smile.

He leave my room after instructing the nurse to give me my medication, I take them and lie on my back to feel more relax and comfortable. I switch the tv on and watching a discovery channel then my eyes shift the door opening.

"Hey" Monique squeal as she walks in.

"sup gud gyal?" Shantel tailed her.

"Unu early eh" I say while taking my time and carefully sits up.

"Like yuh neva wah we cum" Shantel mumble as place a bag of goodies they bring for me on the table nearby.

"Mi glad unu cum becaz mi boring" I laugh.

"Oh dhat sound beta" Shantel pull a near by chair and sit.

"Wen dem seh yuh cah cum out?" Monique ask as she shift the sheet on the bed up some more and sits beside me.

"Doc just check mi up and seh afta a few more test den mi can go home" I assure them .

"Mi glad" Monique says smiling.

"Mi cah wait, yuh in ya too long man" Shantel say with a slight frown on her face.

We talk some more and I really appreciate their company everyday that they comes to visit me.

Being alone in the hospital isn't easy, whenever I don't have any visitor, I would just go through social media or read books on watt pad.

Most time through the night I don't even get a good sleep because whenever I close my eyes, I see Damion and Julius face and what they did to me. What scares me the most is that they can't be found and I know they are out there somewhere waiting to strike again.

"Mi nuh wah dem cum run mi enu suh tomorrow we come back" Shantel says, getting up from the chair.

"Lata boo, mi ago call yuh" Monique hug me.

"Arite, unu video call mi enu becaz mi boring in ya" I warns and they bout nod in agreements.

They leave and I get back to bed just skipping through ticktok as I lost interestin the discovery channel.