Chapter 21 - It's Family Business

I don't know what happened last night with Liz and Nik. All he said was she's still alive.

I'm just relieved I didn't make him kill anyone else. I don't like it, no matter who. It's not right.

I wake up early enough to see something arrive at our front door. However Nik doesn't let me in the room when the big delivery comes.

It looks exciting. There are lots of long boxes, maybe they're for when our family comes back.

I hide in the room next door, too impatient to walk any further away. I screw my eyes shut so I can listen better while Nik talks about some unfinished business. I assume he means with Stefan.

Suddenly there is a gurgling sound and a thud as something squishy hits the floor.

"So, Niklaus..."

"Elijah!" Nik is shocked but I am so happy he's back.

"What did I miss?"

I fling open the door, ignoring Nik's harsh warning to stay out and run to my big brother.

"Me!" I say joyfully as he picks me up with a smile on his face. "You missed me most didn't you."

"Yes Hedda, I missed you very much," he kisses my cheek and warmly rubs my back in circles. Thankfully he wiped the blood off his hand before I came in.

'Lijah's back. He's actually back again. I'm so happy.

"Where did you go on holiday?" I ask nicely.

'Lijah turns to Nik, fire burning in his eyes. But he speaks to me calmly, while holding angry eye contact with Nik.

"The same place as last time," he doesn't take his eyes off Nik. I know he's very angry with him because he was sent away. I would be too. "Hedda would you run along upstairs please. There is much for me to discuss with Niklaus. Alone."

"I want to stay," I tell him, widening my eyes so he gives in but he doesn't.

"I'm never leaving you again," he reassures me, knowing that's what I'm worrying about. I don't want this to be a dream. "I'll come upstairs once we're finished."

"Tell him about Henrik," I drop our dead brother's name as I decide to listen from my room. "Come on Henrik, come upstairs with me."

I skip up the stairs leaving 'Lijah looking stunned.

Sitting on my bed I start to talk to Henrik.

"I miss you a lot, you are my best friend like Koly," I natter on, with Teddy on my lap. I press the button in his hand.

"I love you Hedu," Henrik's recorded voice reminds me.

"I love you a lot too Henrik," I respond, knowing he's here with me. "I wish I could talk to you properly."

The shattering of glass stops my one sided conversation. My brothers are fighting.

Gently putting Teddy next to Pinky, I pat him on the head before running back downstairs.

I hate it when they fight.

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" Nik threatens.

"Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with," 'Lijah spits back at him angrily.

When they see me, they immediately spring apart guiltily and pretend nothing is wrong. Nik hides something behind his back quickly.

"I don't like it when you fight," I complain sadly. "Can you stop."