Chapter 23 - 'Lijah's Last Straw

I wake up at the crack of dawn unable to hold in my excitement. It's a new full day for me to play with my family.

They're finally here forever.

I sneak past mother to wake up Koly first and he complains a lot. He says 5am is too freaking early and gets cross with me.

But when he sees how excited I am to simply spend time with him, he changes his previous statement and gets up properly with a sigh, "oh the things I do for you, Heddy-bear..."

We make a den using chairs and a blanket downstairs and hide underneath with Teddy and Pinky.

"I saw Henrik," I tell Koly who raises his eyebrows at me.

"Was that before you came back to us? How do you remember that?" He looks at me quizzically.

"No I don't remember that," I brush off his confused question. He doesn't know what he's talking about. "I saw Henrik when the Other Side came down. It was one whole day."

Koly doesn't believe me and I start to get annoyed.

"Listen," I instruct before showing him Henrik's recording in Teddy.

Listening in amazement, he doesn't cry but he is rather emotional hearing his little brother's voice. He's always been a good big brother and best friend to Henrik. And to me.

He hugs me tighter and apologises for not trusting me.

"If you don't believe me I'll have to start a new plan. Operation annoy Koly," I tell him truthfully.

"Is that like Operation annoy Nik? What have you been up to?" Koly shakes his head hoping I don't try to annoy him too.

I doubt it would be as fun as with Nik anyway.

"It's my secret operation. Only Henrik knows."

"Can you tell me?" He whispers to keep the secret.

"Um, no."

"So we're not best friends anymore," my Koly pretends to sob and I know he's faking. He is being silly.

"We are best friends Koly," I tug on his arm to pull it away from his eyes.

"I'll take you shopping today if you tell me?"

"No," I fold my arms. I already know he wants to spend time with me today so if I ask to go shopping with him anyway he will agree.

"I'll buy you whatever you like when we go out?"

"Nope," I maintain my stance.

"What about if I promise to take you out feeding?"

That sounds quite nice but I'm not sure what it means other than blood and fun with him. Nik and 'Lijah have never let me do that.

"Okay I'll tell you," I burst, unable to keep a secret for very long. Especially not from Koly, we've always done naughty things together.

"Operation annoy Nik is where I annoy Nik," I ruin the secret by explaining. He never would have guessed otherwise.

He smirks, nodding slowly, "I like the idea of that. Can I help?"

"No because I don't want him to send you away again," I argue worriedly. I know Nik promised he wouldn't do that to me, but he never promised he wouldn't send Koly or any of our other siblings away again.

"What about if I give you new plans?"

Now I like the sound of that. Koly has always been good at naughty things.