Chapter 32 - Hospital

"Hedu, Hedu, wake up. Wake up."

Blinking rapidly, the room stays blurry. Luckily I can see my immediate surroundings if they're close up. But what happened?

If my enhanced hearing was working properly, I would hear my family all downstairs arguing and desperately worrying about what to do. But it's not. My eyes and ears aren't working like normal. It's scary.

"Hedu, you need to go to Damon," my brother Henrik says frantically. "I'm using mother's magic to talk to you, but I can't be here long. Tell Damon and say implant. He will know what they've done."

I moan out in pain, hardly processing his words.

"Find Damon. Tell him implant."

Henrik continues to instruct me but I'm not following his train of thought.

"Henry is after Henrik," I whisper not understanding his urgency. Henrik glances at Henry, who has sat by my feet.

"Hedu don't fall asleep again. You can't," he ignores what I've said about my puppy. "Go to Elijah now and tell him about Damon and say implant."

He is pleading with me now and I can see he is crying a lot.

"Please Hedu, get up and go downstairs. Find Damon for help. Just remember. Damon. Implant. That's it," he reaches out to me but his hand isn't there. It simply goes right through me.

"Get up Hedu. Now," he shouts at me in a panic, knowing that every second I don't, I'm getting sicker and sicker. "You can't fall asleep."

He's worrying about permanent damage.

"I love you Henrik," I say as my eyes flutter shut.

His angry shouts at me are confusing. He flickers, as if the connection between him and mother is failing.

When he shouts right over my face, my foggy brain slowly understands.

"I'm so tired Henrik, I just want to lay down," I whisper feebly but he refuses to let me do that.

"No, no, no Hedu. No," he refuses to let me. "Go to Elijah, he's closest."

And so with great difficulty, I heave myself out of bed and start the long trek downstairs. It feels like it's taking ages but Henrik is beside me the whole time, encouraging me wonderfully.

I reach the top of the stairs and contemplate sitting down for a little while.

Bonnie Bennett is here, trying to link me to all my siblings so that I can heal. She has confirmed it was not her memory removal spell that's causing my sudden sickness which means we still don't know what is.

Once the healing-only link is established, I pull on it, gaining a little strength from each of my siblings. They all groan in pain and clutch their heads but get used to it quickly. It stops hurting them fairly quickly.

'Lijah notices me at the top of the stairs and comes up to see me, gently picking me up, surprised that I got out of bed to come here.

"Henrik," I splutter before my muscles start hurting again. 'Lijah asks me what I mean but I suddenly can't remember much.

How did I get here? I was just in bed.

Another awful seizure follows leaving our family in disbelief and utter shock. The link between us, letting me draw a little healing power from them all, hasn't solved much.

I have a little more strength but still no healing ability.

Bonnie gets upset, seeing me in such a bad state. She apologises a lot for being unable to help.