Chapter 45 - Hayley is Pregnant

Daddy and I are going to New Orleans today where my brothers are. It feels like a very long time since I've seen them but I call at least one of them every single day. I'm very annoyed Nik didn't tell me he is having a baby until today. Apparently it has been months since he knew.

I love cute babies, I think... the closest I've been to one recently is actually the Calvert's guinea pig Pork Chop. That counts right?

Maybe I can give Nik's baby a similar hair cut too!

I've absolutely loved living with my Daddy recently. He has taken me on many road trips to forests and parks where we run around together and play. He never shouts, he never hits. He is amazing and patient and kind. I only wish Nikky wanted to stay with us forever too but he is trying to be King in New Orleans now.

Finn is busy doing adult things but he doesn't tell me what. I hope that means he's still trying to bring my Koly back. Rebekah is travelling alone but always pops in to visit me with luscious gifts and lots of cuddles and stories.

It makes me sad that they all left me but they did so very slowly, allowing me to move in with Daddy next door to them and gradually giving us more freedom and independence. It's what I wanted and while it was hard for us all, they chose to trust my Daddy to keep me safe and out of bad Mikaelson family affairs that would put me in danger.

'Lijah found it hard to stop telling me off for being naughty but Daddy says that he shouldn't because it his job now. So when 'Lijah tells me off I don't listen. It's great fun! Daddy never tells me off even when I'm naughty.

He really wants 'Lijah to stop forcing himself into the parental role with me and Nik, whatever that means. All I know is 'Lijah isn't acting like my dad as much anymore because I have my actual Daddy now for that. He still makes sure he calls me often though and tells me how much he misses me constantly.

Daddy is always up to date on what's happening in New Orleans. I'm very sad because I can't stay with Nik and 'Lijah there but Daddy says it's more fun here because we can shift without worrying about people seeing us. He says once Nik is in charge, we can return and reunite to live with them all but they have to make sure it's completely safe for us first.

I've been keeping up to date with Sarah-Jane and I'm excited to see her lots more when I move to New Orleans permanently. I speak with Edey Claire a lot too and she promises she is working on a spell to make me grow up like I asked her to ages and ages and ages ago.

But I haven't contacted Stella.

I've been banned from visiting too.

It makes me very sad but hopefully she will let me see her at some point in the future. She is a vampire so I hold onto hope that one day we will see each other and be best friends again. Forever is a long time and she's the only other little vampire around.

Daddy takes my hand and pulls me out of my thoughts.

"We're here," he says and I unclip my seatbelt and sprint down to the front door so eagerly it makes him chuckle with laughter. I like making my Daddy happy, it makes me happy too.

'Lijah is the first one I see and I spring into his arms.

"'Lijah, 'Lijah!" I squeal in excitement. "I missed you."

"Hello Hedda, I missed you too," he hums and kisses my cheek before turning to my Daddy. "Thank you for looking after her so well Ansel."

"She's my daughter," Daddy gets a bit annoyed. "I'm not babysitting."

I push past them and run in to see Nikky.

"Nik!" I sprint over to him and he throws me high into the air before catching me, making me breathless and giddy.