Chapter 47 - Hedi, Kol is back

Hopey is the cutest squishiest baby ever. I love her more than anything.

She loves me too.

She gurgles when I feed her and cries when I put her down. She's my favourite and I'm hers.

Daddy and I live with Bekah while they make New Orleans safe for Hopey. We have to hide in a very quiet town where no one will recognise us.

I hug, kiss and cuddle Hopey all day. Henry is still my amazing hearing dog that helps me but he's also ever so gentle with the baby too.

Hayley is pleased her baby is safe with Bekah and Daddy. Bekah is relieved to have his grandfatherly support because she is terrified of doing something wrong and not being gentle enough with a fragile human-like baby.

I protect her very well, getting up in the middle of the night sometimes to check she is safe. She's always with either Daddy or Bekah who take it in turns at night but I get a bit upset sometimes when Daddy kisses her more than me.

Months fly by like a dream. Finn visits us, I've missed him a lot. But it's sad when he says he hasn't got Koly with him. Apparently his witches can't find Koly on the Other Side yet.

The worst happens a while later when Rebekah is terrified that we have been found. By whom, I don't know and she won't tell me. But Daddy takes it very seriously too and we move location that night, trying to keep Hopey safe.

Nik promises to visit and I hardly believe my luck when he says it won't be long before home is safe again. I pack my bags so quickly, only throwing in what I need: pink sparkly fairy costumes, a pink tiara and definitely no shoes.

Maybe I should add a little blood bag too.

The morning of Nik and Hayley's arrival, I get up so early even Hopey is still fast asleep. Daddy gets cross when I wake her up because she starts crying but I put her on my lap and feed her with her bottle to make her feel better.

Bekah repacks my bag properly but I don't mind because I get to be with Hopey. I have gifted her Pinky as a toy and she loves her so much. Daddy said he was happy to see me sharing nicely because sometimes I don't and I snatch.

'Lijah arrives first and I hug him so tightly when he comes in the door. He gives me attention first which I like because sometimes Hope gets it all.

"You came back for me," I smile and fist his shirt in my hands to love him properly with a good hug.

"I did, I see you're well," he smiles, just as happy to see me too. "Tell me, how is Hope?"

At this, Bekah gives Hope over to him gently because she's sleeping. I see the pure love in 'Lijah eyes when he looks at her and comments about how innocent she is and how protected she needs to be.

"I'm the best protector, I'm Hopey's best friend," I proudly lift up my chin so my brother knows not to steal my spot as her favourite.

If he tries too hard with her I will have to chop up his suits again. No hesitations, no apologies.
I will do it on purpose so he looks silly and I will make my Hopey laugh.

I'm her favourite. Me me me.

Suddenly a black car approaches and I see Hayley and Nik running towards us. Daddy picks me up to allow them to see their baby first which is only fair, I still can't wait to see Nik as a Daddy now. He will be the second best Daddy in the world after our Daddy because no one can ever beat him.

Hayley sprints to us and holds Hopey to her chest, nearly crying in relief and joy at seeing her little baby again. Nik approaches happy but a little nervous. He has never looked so delighted seeing a child apart from when he found me alive again in Mystic Falls.