Chapter 50 - Three Bitten

Koly finally got his own body back. It's good because he smells like him again so our hugs are even better than before.

He was worried that Davina would like his other body better but she didn't and they kissed (a lot I think).

Maybe they'll make a baby but he won't tell me how.

Daddy is nervous to leave me alone with Kol because he's heard bad stories but I whine and complain so he eventually gives in. He sets out some rules like no feeding and Kol agrees with them all.

I'm a bigger girl than I was yesterday and it's the best. Because I'm growing up now, my family have discussed changing my name for documents so I can return to school safely. It will keep me protected and I won't be tracked back to them.

However I refuse to go, but I do like the sound of picking a new name.

Bekah, Freya and I spend ages pouring over websites looking for an options. I don't let anyone else in the room for ages because it's girl time. Freya and Bekah get on well, and by the end of the day we all giggle together like proper sisters. It's like we've been this close for years.

Freya and Bekah do the most work. I don't make it easy for them. They read thousands of names out loud and I say no to them all.

"I will only say yes to Hedda and Queen Hedda," I stubbornly ignore all their good ideas.

"Hedda stop being silly, this is really important to keep you safe," Bekah loses her patience and snaps at me.

"No, only Hedda or Queen Hedda," I fold my arms and decline more and more names they suggest.

After hours, they simply stop reading them out and make a list for me to choose my favourite from. I struggle to read most but there's one that has pretty letters. Freya reads it out to me when I point at it. Mare-rin.

"Mairen is okay," I concede a little and my sisters jump on it as I've refused everything else.

"It's beautiful Hedda," Bekah says excitedly, feeling exhausted from picking out names all day for me to just discard every single one.

"Mairen Ford suits you," Freya smiles happily, relieved just as Bekah is, that I'm finally showing some interest in a name.

"I like Hedda more," I pull a sad look to get them to change their minds but it doesn't work. They've all agreed a new name just for school is something I really need.

"We will still call you Hedda," Bekah eases my concerns. "Apart from in school."

"Okay," I agree to their delight.

They call in the rest of our family, who make me feel a lot better. When they tell me I've picked a very pretty name I glow with happiness. Hedda will always be better than Mairen but at school it is pretty and it will keep me safe.

I spend the evening with Freya. She gives me chocolate like she always does when we're alone. She is amazing and I still can't believe she is a witch.

I ask her again and again to sprinkle me with her fairy glitter and make pretty flowers and she's always so delighted to involve me. It's the best to have another big sister. She gives nice hugs too. I love being with her and she never tells me off or gets annoyed.

Later on in the week, Sarah-Jane is allowed to come and visit, even though lots of vampires have turned up in the city recently. Nik and 'Lijah are worried but I know we will be okay. Sarah-Jane is now around two years older than me but she's thrilled when I tell her I'm growing up too. She says she can sense it somehow.

"I'm happy you're going to be a big girl like me soon," she says when I confirm her suspicions. "We will grow up and have babies together and I'm excited."