Chapter 25 - A Missing Grimoire

Please let me know if you can see the picture, I've had issues uploading it! Edey Claire is on the left and Stella Bach is on the right x

I hope you enjoy this early chapter!♥️

———

The only thing I've learnt at school so far, is how to use scissors.

So I spend some time showing 'Lijah by cutting up a few of his fancy suits. Now he will know how cross I am that he sends me away each day. He can't complain I haven't learnt anything either.

I hate school. I have let him know how serious I am.

"I won't love you anymore if you make me go," I howl over school when he takes me to the front gates again.

"I hate you, I hate you," I scream at him as he tries to convince me to go over to greet Miss Fell at the entrance. "If you send me in I will never ever love you again. You're mean and boring but I'll love you anyway as long as you don't make me go."

He keeps his cool impressively and responds calmly. "Well I love you Hedda, no matter what you say to me. I will always love you."

I stop thrashing around and making a fuss hoping I've won but then my big brother continues.

"You're still going to school."

I can't believe this.

I want to be with family, not smelly children at school, although Stella and Edey are alright. They're the exception.

'Lijah has been very strict with me. He's acting like he's my dad and I can't stand it. Why does he think I'm such a baby? It's not fair.

"No," I refuse again, pulling free and running towards the busy road. If I can run far enough away, he can't make me go. I know I've surprised him.

Unfortunately I don't get very far.

I sprint out into the road but I'm suddenly yanked out of the way as a bike speeds directly towards me. I slam into 'Lijah's broad chest a few metres away before I can even process what happened.

He pulled to me safety before I was hit.

I jump as the sound of a car horn rings loud, the first indication that something is very wrong. My mouth drops as the car behind drives straight into the back of the cyclist who swerved to avoid me.

The cyclist's body flies up in the air and I watch in horror as he comes down with a crack, breaking a leg. A second later he is screaming and screaming in pain.

I'm unable to tear my eyes away from the horror.

He is badly hurt and blood covers his left leg. 'Lijah turns me around to check I'm okay, especially since there is a lot of fresh blood making me hungry even though I've just fed.

He doesn't get angry, he simply reassures me that everyone is okay. Luckily the poorly man has stopped screaming now, he is immediately checked over in case he has any other injuries.

He doesn't.

Once that has been confirmed and an ambulance has been called, I'm ushered into class by Miss Fell and I'm too shocked to refuse to follow her.