Chapter 31 - Not My Daughter

Warning- violence
Please do not read if this might upset you, Hedda goes through a lot here. It's not nice

Note: HEDDA WILL BE OKAY♥️

Ceryn x
———

"Why are you not my father?" I repeat and he looks at me in confusion, drawing his eyebrows together.

"What are you talking about Hedda?"

"They said you're not my father like you're not Nik's," I eagerly explain so I can finally understand.

He raised me, he is my father. I don't understand why they say he's not.

Father freezes and his bloodshot eyes bulge as he becomes infuriated like I've never seen him before.

"You're a bastard child too," he shouts right in my face and then slaps me so hard I see stars.

My cheek stings and I curl up on the floor, crying.
Why is father hurting me again? He said he wouldn't.

"I should have known my wife was unfaithful more than once with that mutt," he shouts louder and louder, terrifying me more with every word.

What did I do wrong?

"I can't believe I ever thought you could replace my beautiful Freya," his spit lands on me as he rages, while I cry and cry.

"You're worse than Niklaus, I actually loved you, you deceitful little half-breed bitch," he yells at me and I see Gabriel come back to see what's happening.

"I thought you wanted to protect her?" He questions, unsure about father's sudden personality change.

"Not anymore, where is the white oak? She's an abomination just like her brother," father's words make me panic inside.

He is looking for the stake to kill me. My own father wants to kill me again.

"You're breaking my heart," I whisper through the tears but I'm ignored.

I'm worthless to them.

"Hang on Mikael," Gabriel keeps a firm hand on the white oak stake as father goes to grab it from him.

"Give it here, she shouldn't breathe a moment longer," father tries to snatch it away.

"Stop," Gabriel is the calm one now. "Why don't we use her against the rest of them? Hurting her will hurt them, isn't that wiser?"

Father glances back at me, hiding behind a chair in pure terror. He takes a moment to consider, before nodding.

"You're right, she's loved the most by them all. The bastard even bowed to me to save her. He must have known she's like him."

Father stalks over to me and picks me up, thrashing and screaming for someone to help me.

But no one comes.

No one knows I'm here so they can't save me.

I'm all by myself. I'm helpless.

Again.

This time the threat is from my own father. My heart aches at his words, I'm not good enough for him. He doesn't love me anymore.