Chapter 55 - Restoring Hedda's Mind

Before you start, this is a particularly long chapter because it includes both Klaus and Elijah's POVs.

I hope you like it, do you have any predictions as to how they'll help her or what secret she's hiding?♥️ x

———

Klaus' POV

I exchange a grim look with Elijah and we immediately head down Hedda's pink hallway.

I'm drawn to a door with cobwebs on it and I gesture to my brother who furrows his eyebrows at me. It's eerily quiet inside however something about it sends chills down my spine, raising the hairs on my arms.

"We need her white door," he responds as I stop in front of it. "We don't have time."

But something makes me linger, maybe it's my wolf instincts, maybe something else.

Something refuses to let me move past it.

Ignoring my brother who huffs in annoyance but follows anyway, I step into the room, noticing we are in our little home back when we were human.

Hedda is alone and she crushes up some flower petals, looking over her shoulder constantly.

"It's henbane," Elijah remarks in astonishment. "She must be... five?"

I say nothing, simply watching the memory unfold. It must be important enough for Hedi to remember it all these years later.

Hedi closes her eyes and more flowers bloom on the stalk. My jaw drops open at her use of magic. She clearly has aptitude just like Kol.

How did I never know this? How come even Kol is unaware? It makes no sense, I thought Hedi would be so proud to reveal she was just like him. She idolises him.

What is going on?

I feel instantly guilty for not paying enough attention to her when we were human but my thoughts are quickly sidetracked.

Esther enters and Hedi bursts into tears before she can even notice what she has in her hands. Our mother rushes forwards, ready to comfort her but stops sharply in her tracks when she smells the acrid poison.

"Hedda, what are you doing with that?"

Our little sister simply cries harder and harder, caught in the act. She's a terrible liar.

"Father hurts Nikky. I want him to stop forever," she whines out, feeling ashamed of herself now. "He's my big brother and I don't like it when he hurts him on purpose. Nik is strong and kind."

Our mother's eyes widen exactly like mine do. Elijah is just as shocked when the penny drops and we realise what she was doing.

Poisoning Mikael.

For my sake.

She was ready to kill him for me. To protect me. That is why she never told anyone about her magic blooming those flowers. Not even Kol.

"Here have this," Mother says washing Hedi's hands off and getting rid of the henbane. She then places a necklace around Hedi's neck promising it will make her feel less angry.

"Father won't ever hurt me, I'm just a baby," Hedi blinks and plays the youngest child card.

If only that were true. I can't even imagine how she must have felt when Mikael turned on her, it makes me sick.

"No, I can't stand this," I shake my head, suddenly struggling to watch as an influx of painful emotions hit me. "Let's go, we need to find her."

Elijah doesn't comment and we leave before the memory finishes playing out. I can't bear to watch anymore. It's nearly suffocating.