Chapter 49 - Freya my Favourite Fairy

"She is the best big sister Hedda," Finny says with tears in his eyes. "She's been missing for a long time, just like you were..."

"Like me?"

"She was missing and got hurt too," Finn explains sadly. "But she's back and I'm finally happy now I have all my sisters with me."

I wipe a tear from his cheek and let him cry, rejoicing in Freya's safe return. With Finny's confirmation that Freya is good and not evil, I run back over to her and give her the biggest hug ever, welcoming her into the family she's always wanted.

"I'm sorry for being mean, I was scared of you a bit."

"That's alright, you're only young," she replies, hugging me to her chest closely with tears in her eyes. "I don't know much about you Hedda, I'm excited to have a new sister too."

"I'm a wolf and a vampire," I inform her so she's up to speed. "I like to bite people but 'Lijah and Daddy don't like when I do that. I'm not allowed to even though 'Lijah does, which is unfair."

I look up at her and she's smiling widely, listening with great focus and it brings joy to me. She really loves me already.

"If you want to be my friend as well as big sister don't ever make me wear shoes because I hate them and don't tell me off."

I spy my Koly across the room and I leave Freya and Marcel behind, who explain in more detail how they saved me to the rest of the family. Luckily Hopey is okay and Daddy is relieved to see I'm unharmed.

When I explain about how I was tricked I burst into tears.

"She said I could grow up and then didn't do it," I howl in distress after the one thing I wanted most was offered and then suddenly taken away from me. "She did a different spell on me that I don't like."

My family all crowd round as Koly lifts me up into his arms. They're very concerned when I explain.

"She said I have to have four babies for her but I can't even grow up so I never can," I complain through my tears.

"What?" Daddy says sharply while everyone else is lost for words.

"She did magic and I didn't understand. I have to have four or more babies," I repeat again, still shocked from the whole ordeal.

'Lijah closes his eyes and brings his hand up to rub his forehead out of stress. Nik scowls furiously, while Freya, Rebekah and Finn all shake their heads angrily. However Daddy is the angriest of them all.

"You don't even understand what you've promised," he spits out in fury at Dahlia's manipulative tactics.

"Yes I do," I explain simply. "She will make me grow for the promise. I have to have four babies and I will love them so much."

"Hedda," Nik has tears in his eyes, imagining me going through what he, Hayley and Hope are four times over. He starts to explain what the deal really means but Daddy stops him.

"She's too young, we can break this magic binding her to the deal."

Freya and Kol exchange a look.

"Ansel," Freya whispers very gently. "Only death breaks this cursed deal."

"Great," he says grimly. "More reason to kill Dahlia. She will not touch my children or grandchildren until I lie dead in my grave."

More silence comes from Freya and Kol as everyone looks to them for their magical knowledge. Koly sighs and cuddles me closer, leaving Freya to explain more bad news.

"Ansel, Dahlia's death isn't the one that breaks this," she reveals the heart breaking truth. "Instead we have to weaken and kill her so she can't come back to take Hope or Hedda's children."