amputee

I personally don't really care about TW's, but if anyone does, there will be a tiny bit of parental abuse, not anything too broad, but it'll be there. So if you can't read that due to certain issues, then I suggest you skip the last few paragrafs, I'll put it in brackets when it's arriving. :) hope you enjoy the chapter still.

In the Human Lands there was this fire, one that couldn't be set out. It started at a farm of this rich guy who just wanted peace and wanted to be away from the city and any other form of life. He didn't deserve it, but the fire began growing out of nowhere, the flames grew higher and higher and knowing it was a drought season and that he had a lot of land makes it all make sense. They tried to save everything, but even if they put in all their forces, it was too big, helicopters and firetrucks couldn't put out a small percentage of it. And as it progressed more and more, it started to invade most of nature. Some places were saved as they had more advanced security measures than others, but the blue flames spread from one continent to another, destroying everything on its way and though the firefighters tried their best, they failed to save families, all kinds of agriculture and buildings in that area and all those surrounding it. They tried to bring nature back to those places, but they failed again, everything was burned dry.

The lands that made our food and supported the animals that was left over were half of what we had to begin with, it scared people but it gave scientists like my mother and James the chance to shine. They began making everything that used to grow in soil in their labs, which as you can imagine, was a lot. They had to make basically everything out of chemicals that wouldn't harm humans, and though it worked it also didn't. Things such as strawberries and potato's were now chemically made, meaning things such as chips and jam was now also chemically made. It didn't taste different, but it didn't taste good either. It didn't taste like plastic, but it wasn't the real deal. Fruits and vegetables were now more expensive as they were scarce and so anyone who wanted the real deal, had to pay the real deal.

But they kept needing the flavors of the things they made to recreate it as similar as possible, it was hard, but they still had enough lands with good soil and fertile chances. But when everything came out to the public, people began realizing that not everything was dead and that the rich were eating the real deal and the poor had to eat chemicals, good or not, they weren't happy. So they began to get angry and began threatening. Scientists knew something was going to happen and stocked up on everything they made, but it wasn't enough. They were too late to realize what the poor and angry were doing.

They made a plan with each other over numerous locations and with numbers beyond imagining on an online platform. Then overnight, they all went to the biggest companies in their areas as discussed and they all salted the soil and ran away, making almost all fertile soil, infertile.

Personally, I ate the chemicals. My mother and James made good money, and they trusted their products and also weren't stupid enough to pay at least 20 times the original price.

Anyhow, they made cities out of those places, the ones that were destroyed and dry. They built new buildings, new houses and malls. They put it down with concrete and faked the nature to make it more appealing. Green trees, made out of a certain substance similar enough to real leaves that were perfectly planted at a certain distance away from each other on the sidewalks. Pink and yellow and white and blue little flowers made out of plastic put in fake soil in pots. Plastic bushes with plastic roses, just anything you can think of was chemically made in a factory.

And in here, in Anakia, though I do remember it, it's all green. These trees, these green blurs, nature, plants, it wasn't something I saw regularly in the Human Lands. I lived in the city, a gray one, my parents had money and we had a beautiful home, but not a beautiful district. We were only surrounded by cars and buildings and people. People yelling at their phones, yelling at each other, screaming when they win or lose a case.