The never needed change

Hi, I hope the chapters are fine up until now. But again, there will be a TW in this chaper including a bit of detailed gore, this will only be a short bit long, but it is quite detailed so be aware if you cannot handle reading stuff like that. Personally, I don't think it's that bad, but I know some people that would feel sick reading it.
Anywho, I do hope you liked the chapters until now, anyfeed back is welcome and I hope you'll enjoy this chapter as well.

12-12-16

"Hey," I said as I entered the small fort we made out of pieces of fabric we stitched together. "I brought some tissues and some Rincadulas for a sense of comfort."

He smiles and wipes away his tears that keep streaming at the same time. "Thank you."

I sit next to him and hold him until he stops crying. My hand going through his hair, holding him so tightly, as if he might slip at any given moment if I don't. And I keep holding him, even if I hear his breathing come back to normal, even when I notice he's no longer wiping away his tears, because I like to hold him. I like to feel his hair in my hands, I like to feel him breathe, I like to hear his occasional sniffs, I like to hear him, to be with him, I like him.

He sits up straighter and keeps his eyes on his lap, keeping his face hidden away from me so I don't see his red, bloodshot eyes, his stuffed red nose and his tear stained cheeks.

"My brother, he umh- he did it— did it again." I realize what he means and in that instant, he looks at me, and I feel this overwhelming feeling flood me, not anger, more a feeling like fear. I can't do anything when it comes to his brother. Even if I did think I could do it, I'd chicken out the moment he'd use Elemental Magic.

I'm helpless in this situation, I can't do anything but watch.

"What happened?"

Instead of talking, he lifts his blouse and shows me the bloody and thick, red, open wounds. They're slashes made by sharp solid contained air, it takes a lot to make them work so well, but his brother is quite strong, the strongest when it comes to Elemental Magic in their Kingdom.

"Wait here."

I run off to my father's study, I drink a quick potion that erases my image and makes me invisible to the resting eye. My potions aren't that strong yet and it took a lot for me to make this, energy and effort, it drained me and it'll hurt a lot later on, yet I drink it without a single thought and go to steal some of that strong Liquor my dad drinks.

When I get back, I see I am no longer invisible, it ran out, within minutes did all those hours of work and dedication run out. I don't think too much about it and slip in the fort, ignoring the aching pain in my throat and hands. I tell him to lay down, but his chubby feet stick out the fort, so he has to crunch his body up to keep up away from anyone's sweeping view.

I warn him before splashing it onto his wounds. He yelps out before muffing his cries out with his hands. I see tears slip down his face, but I don't stop, just a little more to go. When I'm done cleaning his wounds, Al has stopped crying, it turned to hissing whenever he slightly moves. Now the bottle is half full and I take it as an opportunity to give it to him before using the needle and thread to stitch the wounds shut.

He gulps down most of it, as if it's nothing, I don't touch it other than to clean the needle, and then I wait a minute so Al feels less.

When he begins to soften up and his eyes slowly close and open, I start. One quick tug followed by another, his wounds closing, me, a small child, gagging each time I see his fat from under his skin, the bloody yet yellow brownish squishy substance that I cannot wait to lock under skin again.