Chapter 32

Hi, so this chapter has what I like to call the 2D conversation, it's been in a lot of chapters before, but this chapter is solely that, so it seemed handy to explain. It's technically just one person, Willow, but she has her curse right behind her. We can't see the curse, but she can talk and influence the actions and thoughts and opinions of the MC Willow. Her name is Willow and the conversation is just a back and forth talk of the MC Willow and the curse Willow. I hope you can keep up with the way it's written. Apologies if it's too confusing, but I do hope you enjoy this chapter.

Lately I've been having heavier thoughts than usual. I've been trying to distract myself, but it's hard at times and it's just getting harder.

"Yes, Larien, I'm almost done."

He's being rushy, it's annoying, but I guess he's just stressed. It's not just my new start, it's his too, and my dad's, and I need to keep reminding that to myself, that it's not just me. Sometimes I wonder how the people will react, I don't think about them very often, but just sometimes I do. I think of how they will cheer for me, so happy that I got them their peace, that they won't have to leave their homes to another Kingdom and discard their loyalties. But then ... what did I really do? I only did what was needed, though that did involve using a person instead of something like a weapon, a thing I'd rather have used. It seems like I'm doing stuff the Human way, but I've got my potions back, so I keep asking myself why I'm acting so abnormal! Why didn't I just challenge Elias to a dual like any Royal would have done! Or his father, or Alistair or Elliot?! Why couldn't I just fight for peace?! Why did I need to notice that little picture, why did I need to ...

ARGH! It's what happened! So just stop, it happened, now shut the— SHUT UP!

I flinch, her voice suddenly so loud in my head, silencing any other thought. They all pop like bubbles, pop- pop- pop—"I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Larien asks a little scared. "Sorry for what?"

You're really fucking exhausting, you know that!?

...Am I? I didn't realize.

Yes! I'm stuck in your head all the time and usually I agree with you, but this solves nothing, so shut up about it!

It's just ... it's so weird, you know, for me to have this chance to actually make a change—

Change change change, blah blah blah, stop talking!

But I can't, can't you see how exciting this is?!

Yes, exciting ,very exciting, how exciting when he doesn't accept it.

Why wouldn't he accept it?

Because he doesn't trust you. That brand new start of yours will crumble right before your eyes, how'd you like that?

No, no, he'll trust me for sure, I have proof, the picture of them, I took it with me, and I saw them, Larien too— and the woman!

He isn't even aware of what you're doing. It's not like you asked him if you could spy on his girlfriend? You just did. And say he does find out, do you think he'll be happy you did this behind his back.

And now I also know of his children ... what if he gets angry? What if it is indeed the last straw, he seemed quite upset the last time as well, right?

No, no, we'll be fine. But Larien also knows of it, he'll know he knows.

He won't hang him for it ...

He knows of his children, his children, born out of wedlock, yet so high in status, he knows—

"Stop!" Larien barks out as he shakes me out of it.

I hold his arm and shake my head and stare him straight in his eyes. "I'll to go alone."

"What?" He speaks out, but before he can question me even more, I had already zipped the bag up.

"Escort me out with the Guards, then you go back inside the Grand Castle alone. Don't show yourself until I'm back, no one is to know I went without my Person."

He doesn't argue, doesn't even question why I was so absent, he just stares at me until he nods and starts to put away his own stuff.

Don't you feel bad? You just abandoned him because of a little doubt.

Now you say it, it's quite silly.

Silly?

Silly.

It's silly.

What now?! Do I take him, even after I told him I wouldn't?

No, of course not, that'd be embarrassing, we're Royal now, we can't forget that.

Yeah, we can't.

So?

We just leave him here, next time I'll be better.

You mean 'we'.

What?

'We' will be better next time.

What's wrong with 'we'.

Well, we kinda argued which made us realize—

No, that's nothing bad, you just realized—

We realized together, that's what we do, we support each other's unfinished thoughts and complete them!

Yeah ... I guess we do.

So it's fine, right? What we're doing to him—

Even though he did almost all the hard work? No, dear, it's not fine.

But I need it to be fine.

Well, you can't always have what you want.

So, it's not fine?

No. Well ... maybe. Maybe it's fine. Maybe we can just trust our instincts.

Yeah, and when we're back we can explain to him if it didn't go bad with Elias.

Yeah.

Yeah.

So ... is it fine?

Fine ... it's fine. 

Hi, I hope you liked this chapter, if you did and you wish to support me, please don't forget to vote.

-Love, me :)