ENTRY (I)

On this bright and lovely morning, as a woman comes and calls out our princess' name, the sunrays from the window disturb her beauty slumber."Nandini. Get up, Nandini kid, or you'll be late for college," her grandma, Granny tells her. The aforementioned princess is roused by the unexpected panic or, more precisely, by the voice of her grandmother. Yes, Nandini Murthy, also known as Granny's princess. She dresses like a six-year-old when she comes out of bed, wearing her fave spongebob pyjamas and unkempt hair.

"Oh God! Since this is my first day, could you kindly save me? I don't want to be late." Nandini stands up quickly and enters the bathroom to freshen up. She steps outside wearing red sleeveless top and blue jeans. She keeps her hair open and little wavy from the bottom. She also wears her bracelet and her grandfather's final remembrance.

" Greetings, Nandini." Her grandmother welcomes her, handing her a drink of juice and asking, "All set for your new college?""I've been waiting for this day for a very long time, so yes, Granny, I'm always ready. However, I must leave right away because I don't want to be late for my first day." Before saying anything, she downs the full cup in one go. She then begins to make her way to the front door when suddenly Granny yells her name.

"I guess you forgot something," the woman replies, motioning to one corner of the room. "Oh my goodness. Granny, please accept my apologies. How can I possibly forget that?" Nandini then heads over to a local temple to offer prayers for a prosperous day.

"Oh, God, please make today the best day of my life." "I hope this day forever changes my life." "I know mum and dad that this was your dream," she prays before turning to face a photo with a garland on the wall. And I pledge to make your wish come true." She says this while touching the wall frame. She quickly blesses Granny's feet and begins to leave the house when Granny stops her again.

"Nandini wait. "I have a gift for you," says the lady as she walks into her room and emerges seconds later with a box in her hand."What exactly is it?" Granny, please give it to me quickly because I am already late." Nandini says she is perplexed when Granny hands her some keys, but suddenly something comes to mind."You snagged me a new automobile. Wow. Thank you very much! Thank you very much! Thank you very much, Grannys!" cries Nandini, jumping up and down at her position."OK, Nandini, now hurry up or you'll be late for college." Nandini gives her grandmother one more hug before leaving, oblivious to the upcoming upheavals in her life.