MOMENTS LIKE THESE

Manik knocked at the door twice but there still was no reply from the other side. He knocked on it again and to his interest, this time the door opened a little by slight force. He peeped inside the room only to find Nandinj standing at the balcony lost in her own thoughts.

Manik pov

What's wrong with her now, she was happy at the lunch table even chipped a thanks to me. Now why is she standing like a depressed kid. Manik you gotta think about it?  What is it that did you do this time?
Got angry at her? No i can never get angry at her.
Was with some other girl? Nope i haven't even talked to anyone since this morning.
Then what's wrong?

Author's pov

Manik moved forward with slow steps and stood beside her but she didn't even tilt her head towards him, not even once to acknowledge him.
"Hey" he decided to approch the situation with little nudge but unfortunately it failed to get her attention.
" Nandini why are you such an angry bird? " this time he decided to get right to the point.
"Get out" Came her soft yet sharp reply surprising him.
" why? What have i done?" the panic was sudden. He had already crossed over everything he could manage to think about before approaching her but found no fault then why was she behaving like that with him?
" just get out of my room. Right now." she wasn't even letting him see her face even if it was her cold stare. Was he not even worth that?
" Nandini listen whatever i did. I am sorry for that." the best way Manik thought to handle the situation was to straight away apologize that made Nandini clip off her mask a little by a slight smile until she broke down into tears of laughter.
It has always been sp easy to tease h and get him panicked out for her and to know it still worked like a miracle just made her more and more contented.

But poor Nandini had no idea that she had already been caught red handed by Manik a long time back since her first attack, he had known her for far too long in order to decipher her every action, every mood. All he had been waiting for was her to feel like she's winning until she let her cards out and that's when it was time for him to attack. Of course it was always a game of two, looks like Nandini had forgotten that.
He inched closure to her and turned her around by a sudden moment of his one hand encircling her waist
"Manik? " came her surprised voice.
But he inched more and more closer towards her trying not to leave any space between them. Their lips mere inches apart from one another until she titled her head to the other side.
"Nandini" his voice in a lower whisper gave her goose bumps and it took all of her strength to mumble a slight "yrs? " to him.
" Were you teasing me?" he asked her in a mocking yet impressed tone.
Nandini was about to reply to that when she realised how soon she had let her guard down as she pulled herself away from him. But unfortunately the movement was too late as Manik had by this time already started tickling her as she made a run for her room. Preferably her bed, as she climbed on top of it ready to fight him off worh her pillows.
The room had begun to turn into a really bad mess with laughter in every corner of it. Soon enough Manik's face met with a pillow with a bang as Nandini rolled on the mattress trying to control her laugh as her stomach hurted due to the slightlest of movement.

"youu, wait i'll tell you how funny this is." Came his muffled threat as Manik threw the pillow on the floor.
" we'll see Mr. Malhotra. I am not an easy nut to crack you can't catch me so soon." Nandini made a run for the bathroom but unfortunately Manik was quick enough to react as he got a hold of her wrist but by the mess of the various objects lying aro in the room by now, Manik lost his balance resulting on them falling on the ned with one on top of the other.
Both their hearts running a marathon due to the proximity wasn't enough that the chills through the wind coming from the open balcony door pushed Nandini's locks of hair on her face. Manik used the back of his palm trying not to loose his control over her as he pushed them aside without making direct contact with her face.
Nandini closed her eyes in a reflex that furthermore churned up his thought as his mind said, fuck it. Moving closer and closer to her, his eyes fell on her lips quivering by the coldness of the wind yet the warmth of his body tried comforting her.
A few more seconds and he would have lost his sanity if it wasn't for the thumping of steps he heard from outside the door. Hence he pushed himself up on the floor before his friends entered the room, making Nandino confused who still lay down with her eyes closed.
"Where we interrupting some yoga exercise?" Asked Aryaman as he looked confused at their individual positions that brought Nandini out of her lala land.
She found Manik standing with his hand stretched out for her to take and get up on her feet as well.

" will you guys stop staring. " Manik kindly requested the other nincompoops of his life.
"we are not staring" Dhruv tried hiding his 'i know something happened' smile that just kept annoying Manik more and more.
"yes you guys are and i know that stupid look. " Manik pointed out to the grin on his face.
" forget it guys looks like we disturbed them " Cabir turned to leave winking at Aryaman who took the bait.

"okay we'll be back after 5 minutes. " She gave them a teasing smile as well and to add more fuel to the already burning fire, Mukti joined them as well, " but be fast okay ? we are waiting outside ."
"shut up" Manik screamed a little harshly trying to cover up his own blush as he was very aware of the one blossoming on Nandini's face.
" oh oh someone's going pink." Navya was no far behind as she put her arms around a dying Nandini.
" Navya don't " Nandini tried hiding her embarrassment.
" enough of teasing my besties. But seriously Nandini we can give you some privacy." And just when Nandini was happy in believing Aryaman, he knocked her off like always so she did the best thing he deserved, her hair brush to his head.
" Ouch what was that for? " He asked rubbing the injured place.
"can we now do what we came for?" Asked Alya who had by now made herself completely comfortable on the bed.
"yes ofcourse Alya baby wants to make her Dhruv, the chauffeur for shopping." Cabir made a sarcastic remark receiving a slap on his back by Dhruv.
" enough guys" he warned them so Navya took Cabir away from the duo before he would get beaten to pulp.
"okay guys lets get back to our work. Now lets discuss about the ceremonies. " She diverted the topic.
" less time and more work" Alya pointed the obvious.
"I completely trust you guys so I'll be seeing you all later cause Rajat's calling " Mukti waved them a bye before she picked her fiance's call.
" there goes the bride" Sang Cabir as he waved at his friend.

The leftover friend group sat upon the bed facing one other discussing about the upcoming event as Manik listed down the decided points
" theme is set" he explained.
" i took care of the catering " Cabir gave his insight.
" dress code is yellow ofcourse. " Alya pulled out a few designs.
" But i dont' have anything in that kinda yellow." Navya complained with a pout.
" It's fine babe. i'll take care of that. " Assured Cabir.
" But now we still have a problem! " Dhruv announced after putting his phone down.
" And what is that? " Said Nandini as she crossed her fingers in a hope for nothing worse.
" Rajat's outfit is still not here. " Informed Dhruv.
"that's not any problem we still have one day left with us. " Manik wrote that down.
" and relax we'll take care of everything. Its gonna be the best wedding ever. " Nandini assured the rest.
" and the best part will be our surprise " Manik gave her a wink that actually already surprised a few
" what surprise?" She asked
" thats a secret " Cabir and Dhruv high fived him.
" a very special one indeed" Alya clapped her hands in excitement.
" but atleast tell us. Remember we all are a team. " Nandini folded her arms in front of her chest.
" the surpise is from the bride's team so you all are not allowed. " Manik pointed to the best friend duo left as Cabir pacified Navya.
" okay if you guys are team bride then we are also team groom and it is our right to know everything. " Nandini demanded.
" ohk find it if you can " Manik folded his arms in a challenge as well.
" yess i will you just wait and watch" Said a very determined Nandini.