SWEET CHALLENGES

It was since more than half of the haldi ceremony went away and Nandini was in deep thought.  After her last encounter with Manik she went away with her Granny yet was quite aware of any tricks that might be played by Mr Malhotra but wierdly nothing happened. Everytime he brushed past her, she had her spidy senses on but the guy would just walk away greeting the various guests. Why isn't he doing something? she thought.
" Nandini. Nandini" navya called out her best friend amidst the latter's thoughful scenario, 'Are you okay? Why are you talking to your self? " she asked.
"Yeah i am good. I was thinking how are we going to figure out what the bride team is upto for the shoe stealing ceremony." Nandini faced her friend with a convincing smile.
" God Nandini that event still has a lot of time. It's just the first function today. You should just focus on the sangeet (dance and music) festinal that's happening tonight."
"Relax. We don't have to stress about that when you've got your favourite and very talented Nandini here. Who i must remind you, never looses." said Nandini brushing off imaginary dust from her shoulders.
"I am glad that you never changed." Navya pulled her friend in a hug who patted her back in return and said, "Because i never could. And it was always supposed to be Me and You. Remmeber?"
" That i do. Oh god you made me forget it. Rajat was calling out for you." the former informed.
" okay thanks i'll go find him." saying so nandini went away ditching the forthcoming guests in the crowd as she made her way around in search of her dear brother.

Smiling at everyone she met, Nandini could actually feel her jaw locked and her heart feel pity for the bride. Unfortunately it was taking harder to find her brother who was nowhere around. Looking at every angles she turned to leave the side garden of the house when she numped into a hard wall.
There wasn't supposed to be a wall here, she thought.
Looking up she found Manik shaking his head in amusement at her a sshe pushed him back a little before folding her arms infront of her.
"Seriously Manik." she looked at him with accusing eyes.
"I am not the one walking like a blind. I should actually be saying that sentence to you." he too leaned himself on the tea trunk beside him.
"Excuse me. your stupid wall solid torso broke my nose. It's you who's always at fault." she retorted back as she rubbed her poor little nose.
" Wall and me? Then what are you a kid?"
" There is no point talking to you. Moreover Rajat is calling me." flipping him off in annoyance, Nandini started to make her way towads the door to search for him inside the house but stopped for one glance at Manik who waved a goodbye at her as she stormed her feet and went away.

She finally found her brother in the little office set up of the house where he introduced her to some clients that were here to offer her a deal to perform at their company event or more like a charity event. A few words were spoken and some handshakes later, as she turned to face her brother who had a smile on his face that soon turned in inspection, she raised a brow at him in question.
"what?" she asked.
"where's your earring?" he asked.
" huh. What? I have no idea where i lost it. It was here a few minutes back." touching her ear, she realised he was indeed correct, she had lost one earring at the party somewhere.
" It must have fallen somewhere." her brother walked her out of the office as he picked up a call.
"I'll go find it. I literally bought it this week." with pure desperation fo not loosing a gorgeour pair of earring, Nandini set herself out to investiate and find it when she bumped into Alya.
" Alya have you seen my earring anywhere?" she asked.
" no i haven't actually. But i'll look for it for you." Alya offered but Nandini declined, " okay thanks no issue."  Where have i lost it. I think i should remove this one too., she thought.

She was about to remove the other one as well when she noticed the similar earring dangling infront of her eyes. Looking up in the hallway mirror, she found Manik standing behind her with the earring in his hand.
"searching for something like this?" he asked.
" yes why do you have it?" Nandini snatched the earring from her hand as she questioned him. 
" ma'am when you banged in me your earring got stuck on my outfit." he clarified hitting her head slightly with his palm.
"Fine thanks for help." she said moving her hand around her ear to fix back the earring but unfortunately her hair were a nuisance, that's when she gave up cursing, " Oh god long hairs are sometimes a curse."
" if you don't mind can i help?" asked Manik as Nandini gave him a slight nod in confirmation.