A POOL PARTY

The day ended with a lot of catching up of old moments and jealousy, teasing and pranks but eventually it was the time for everyone to get back home and end the tiring day unaware that there was a surprise waiting for them back at their house.

As soon as they entered the mansion, a look of confusion got occupied on their face as they looked around the various servants bridnging in food to the back of the house that was probably lit with a thousand fairy lights and a DJ set up on one end. 

Both Aryaman and Nandini looked at Rohan, well aware of who must have been the host to this party, asking for an explanation as the man looked around him not getting their hint as he asked, "What? Me?"
"Exactly what i want to ask you. What is this? And Why you?" Nandini folded her arms as she stood right infornt of him.
"oh actually i thought i have been away for so long that we didn't get time to spend with each other and for that to happen, what's better than a pool party?" the guy winked as he walked past her while the others followed him to the now well decorated and lit up area.
"Hey you didn't have to do that." Nandini ran behind them but stopped getting mesmerized with the twinkling lights.
" I just wanted to and  i thought that now when we have new friends there is always a room for party." Rohan was well aware of how to get Nandini melt over for something , hence, the puppy-dog eyes.
" we are always ready for a party." Mukti supported him gladly as he gave her a fist thrust in the air , happy that one by one the others too have started agreeing to him.
" so guys go get ready for a pool party." he announced as the cluster of people got ready to retire back to their rooms in order to prepare themselves well for a fun night but Nandini had some other plans.
"but i am soo tired." she whined like a kid leaning onto Rohan's physique as she closed her eyes.
" is it babe?" asked Rohan, well aware of her fake tiredness.
" yes so i might be retiring back-" Nandini looked at Rohan with one-eye open before she detached herself, standing stright on her foot.
" but i am in." Aryaman patted Rohan's back as he grabbed his coat and left for his room.
" me too. I'll just be back" Alya chimed in as she ran after the former not waiting for Mukti who went tumbling behind her.
" Dhruv come. We both will be back soon." Cabir pulled Dhruv away leaving a much unawanted trio behind.
" manik what about you?" Rohan asked once the silence settled in and Nandini leaned on his shoulder again faking a yawn.
" Even i'll go and change. will meet you here soon." replied Manik as he eyed Nandini's behavioru simultaneously, he hadn't been liking the mere intensity between the two of them and let's the forget the frequent touches, no matter how friendly they looked. 
"Looks like you're the only one left, Miss party pooper." Rohan was quick enough to put an arm through her shoulder pulling her even more into him as his eyes went over to Manik.
" but i am very tired today look my legs are paining too." Nandini just wanted to get back in her room, get dressed into her comfy pj's before getting into her quilt as she goes through a marathon of the episodes from One Tree Hill on her tv.
"oh my baby is tired . Wait i'll take you to your room." Rohan said as he removed a strand of hair from her face. It took every ounce from Manik's being to not puch and drown him in that pool behind him but his thoughts were interrupted by Aryaman who walked back to them.
" Rohan . Dinner-" he said pointing to the kitchen before getting lost among the walls somewhere with his office phone.

"Yeah wait. Babes i need to check upon the dinner . Can you go back yourself?" asked Rohan as he helped Nandini get back on her foot.
"Look no one cares about me .huh." nandini said in a baby voice.
" Drama queen, Now go and be ready soon." Rohan chuckled at her annoyed face before he walked towards the kitchen in order to handle tonight's catering leaving Manik and Nandini beside the pool area, alone.

Manik had been growing impatient with a lot of questions wandering inside his mind since the moment Rohan had kept his foot inside the house. He wanted to know what he meant to her? What relationship they actually shared? Was what being visible to him all day, the truth? But alas, he knew he was in no space to ask her that.
" now i have to go back all by myself. Oh god it was such a tiring day." he turned to face Nandini as he heard her blabbering to herself. The women was so lost into her own world that she hadn't realised the two eyes that had been busy adorning her antics.