CARING MONSTER

The eye lock was first broken by Nandini as she realized their positions and tried to get back up but Manik's hold on her waist was tight enough, making it difficult for her to come out of it. So to bring him out of his trance she shook him a little which thankfully worked as Manik left her and both of them stood up.

They were feeling quite uncomfortable by what had just happened between them. Not understanding the sudden electric currect they both had felt. Manik was looking anywhere but her when Nandini remembered about Granny and started looking around for her cell phone. 
" Nandini you are so dead, Granny must be so tensed. Oh god now what do i do?" she mumbled to herself while Manik stood next to her as he took out her phone from his pocket and forwarded it towards her.
" looking for something like this?" he said.
" Why do you have my cell phone! Let it be this time Granny is more important." nandini spoke  as she tried turning the device on but for her badluck, the battery had been long dead.
" You don't have to be tensed about her anymore since i have send her a message from your cell that you are going to stay at Navya's place as its too late." Manik assured her handling her a charger.
" ohh. You did. Thanks " Nandini felt wierd being gratfeul about something she did but to be honest he actually saved her ass.
" Your welcome." Manik replied with a smile.
" Ok now i need to go." she said as soon as her cell phone turned on and she scrolled through it.

" umm. Nandini" Manik stoppe her from leaving.
" yes?" she asked turning to face him when Manik pointing towards her clothes.
" You'll go in this. Not that i would mind but others mind have a bad idea. You know what i am talking about. You do right?" Manik scratched the back of his neck in nervousness as Nandini's eyes widened  when the reality dawned upon her and she quickly dashed inside the washroom with her clothes kept on the sofa without meeting Manik's gaze as she felt quite shy.

" silly girl." Manik laughed as he mumbled to himself.

An hour later at SPACE, FAb 5 was seated as usual on their table while on one of the table Nandini was waiting for Navya. Manik looked towards Nandini remembering the morning incident and especially their eyelock .

An idea popped into his head and the next moment he was standing in front of Nandini's table with a tray in his hands filled with a burger, french fries and coke
" ehem ehem" he cleared his throat in order to announce his arrival.
" you need anything? " Nandini asked fearing he might have told others about them.
" this is for you." he said sliding the tray towards her.
" but i never ordered it. " said a confused Nandini.
" i know. I thought you might be hungry since you know-" Manik said indicating at her drunk escapade but Nandini refused him as she said, " no i am fine. I am not hungry."
"ok your wish. " saying so he went back towards his table but only after keeping the tray on her table. Nandini took the tray and went to his table as she kept it down there. Just then both Navya and Cabir entered the canteen with a sweet smile placed on their lips. 

They walked towards the table they had spotted their friends at as both chimed in together, " hi guys "
" Ahem ahem" Mukti cleared her throat qs everyone grinned watching them blush together like they had just gotten married.
"Cabir you never told anything. Quite  secretive. " Alya teased him as Cabir sent her a glare.
" stop embarrassing him. Navya come and sit with us. " Dhruv said offering Navya a seat with a soft smile as she too sat between him and Cabir.
" Nandini come site here." Navya eyed her friend. And not to disappoint her, Nandini too agreed as she looked around but soon realized that there was just one place left and unfortunately it was beside Manik so she quietly went and sat there.
" should i get something. But i guess Manik you didn't even wait for me brother." Said Cabir pointing at the food tray.
" Now that's not my fault. " Said Manik keeping his hands up in surrender.
" But i am still starving here. Food for me." Mukti chimed in.
" i know your choice guys. Ummm Navya what will you eat. " Cabir asked scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.
" I'll just have coffee." Navya replied with a soft smile not meeting his eyes.
" fine. I'll just be back. " Cabir went and came back with a plate full of different items for everyone. 
" Nandini you'll have something from this. or should i get something else for you? " he asked.
" she is not hungry. Right Nandini. " said Manik with a smirk.
" You sure? " Asked Cabir.
" A 100% sure. " Manik controlled his laugh as Nandini eyed him as she replied Cabir, " yes yes i am just not hungry."

Nandini was feeling really hungry as she hadn't had any breakfast. Manik pushed the tray a little towards her as he whispered closer to her ear, "You can eat . It's fine. "

Nandini felt irritated by his constant teasing as she got up and said, "guys i need to go. I have some work. Navya see you in class."

She went out of the canteen but was feeling beyond hungry when she heard someone calling her name and she knew who it was.
" Nandini wait. " Manik stopped her
" what?" she asked turning around with an annoyed face.

Manik went towards Nandini as he kept something on  her hand and went away whispering," For you. " in her ears.
Nandini looked at her hands and found a packet with a burger and fries as a small smile crept on her face thinking that this guy is actually not that bad.

In class, everyone was sitting at their usual places. Nandini was busy checking her notes when she felt a manly arm brushing with hers, tilting her head she found Manik beside her.
" What are you doing here? " she asked.
" Don't have any assumptions please. Actually Cabir wanted to sit with Navya and you know why. " replied Manik as he played with a pen in his hands.

Nandini without arguing any further sat quietly just because of Navya. The teacher entered the class as rhe boring lecture started. Manik had no idea when his eyes gave up and he slept.He woke up when he realised something hot on his head

The teacher had thrown a piece of chalk at him as he shouted, "Manik how can you sleep in my class?"

But unfortunately Manik was still in his deep sleep as he took Nandini's hand in his and slept holding it again . Nandini tried her best to take her hand back sensing the teachers gaze on them
" Manik " she shook him a little but he was adamant as he covered his face with her palm.

The teacher came towards their bench and held Manik's ears making him wake up with a scream, " ouch what the f..... Oh shit. "
" Mr Manik Malhotra at first you never attend any of my classes and then you come here and sleep. Out of my class right now. " Scolded his teacher.
" but sir- " Manik tried to make him understand but his teacher was in no mood as he commanded, " Are you deaf i said get out. "

Manik started to move forward but couldn't, he looked back at Nandini as she showed him his hand which was still holding her's. Manik left her hand and was about to move out of the class when everyone heard a sudden announcement.