A CHANCE?

A day went out in ignorance as Nandini neither talked nor even looked at Manik for once while Aryaman tried his best to save her best friend from reminiscing that dreadful incident. After the lectures, for the whole day, Aryaman took Nandini outside for those things which she likes to do. Just to make her happy.

Friendship. Friendship is a bond in which a friend can do anything just make a friend happy. Since they had the fest beginning from today but fortunately their performance was scheduled for the next day i.e. the last day of this weekend fest. Everyone retired back to home for the morning practises after being summoned to the emotionally tiring day. 

The next morning as the sun light entered peeping through Nandini's window ruining her well almost no sleep, dreadfully she got freshened up and came out of her room to have her breakfast when what she saw made her laugh holding her stomach. 
There stood Aryaman with flour all over his body from head to toe with a cute pout on his face. Nandini came towards him controlling her laughter as she covered her mouth in amusement.
" Duffer. What's this and all this flour?" she asked looking at his dishheveled look.
" sure sure laugh. I was just trying to get the breakfast ready. The cook uncle is on a leave today." Aryaman answered in a sarcastic tone as he rubbed his face to remove the power thing.
" but why are you doing this? You should have woken me up. " she said.
" You were sleeping so peacefully and so i thought i should not disturb you." said Aryaman unaware of how much she was actually sleeping.
" Aryaman you should have. " Nandini was controlling her laughter while Aryaman was getting more and more annoyed watching her laughing at him to making her she stop. There was a silence for some time until both of them bursted out laughing hard. 

" You look good when you are laughing." said Aryaman making Nandini stop abruptly as she remembered the day Manik told her the same.
"Nandini listen-" Aryaman brought her out of her reverie. 
" yes. So now you go and get freshed till then i'll clean up here and then we'll have breakfast at the canteen."
"Fine" replied a pretty grumpy Aryaman before he left for his room.

***********

While at the college the entire FAB 5 group had been waiting for Nandini to arrive so as to get their final practises done even though they belived that it was only going to be alot of ignorance and awkwardness.

" guys where is this Nandini. We are getting late for the practises. " ALya said as she wiped the sweat off her face.
" Alya have patiene. She'll be here soon. " Dhruv had clearly been annoyed with her constant cribbing which Manik understood well as he assured him and said to Alya, " Dhruv is right. She'll be here soon."

Just then Nandini entered along with Aryaman as they talked among themselves about the morning incidents. Manik came ahead to greet her as he said, " Nandini hey-" 
But before Aryaman could make a move to make Nandini away from Manik, she herself came  came forward
" Yeah Manik? " she addressed him.
" Nandini i-  everyone was waiting for you. we have to do the final practice." Manik did find her normal behaviour a little wierd.
" yes Manik i remember.  I do have a good memory. " this time she was a lot more straighforward.
" but Nandini your breakfast?" Aryaman said.
" It's fine we'll do it later." Nandini gave him a soft smile before grabbing her bag from his hand.
" no Nandini you should have your breakfast first." said a concerned Manik.
" it's none of your concern Mr. Malhotra  and i am fine and i guess we are getting late so shall we proceed?" she asked.
" yes."

Half of the day went out in practises . Nandini had been conversing with Manik if and only if it was about the song and nothing else which was kinda irking him . As everyone was leaving the Jam room after the practise session for some lunch, Manik stopped Nandini.
" Nandini we need to talk" he said.
" but i don't think so Mr Malhotra." she replied in a monotonous tone.
" Nandini i know whatever i did was so wrong actually when you had slapped me that day to be very honest I was very angry and then Mukti gave me that dare." Manik tried to explain himself to her. 
" Are you done? So please let me go." her demeanour was cold now reminsicng how it all must have began.
" Nandini Murthy enough is enough i am trying to mend things between us here and you are just- forget it. You won't understand because you don't want to listen." Manik was angry this time as he screamed at her.
" And i don't want to understand anything Manik. Whatever you did was enough to destroy my happy bubble." shouted back Nandini.
" OK fine. I am sorry ok but please just listen to my side of story too." Manik's voice had slowed down a bit.
" fine you have your last chance Mr. Malhotra today at 8 pm in royal cafe before the performance. Whatever you have to say i am ready to listen." Nandini agreed giving him a chance.
" thank you soo much Nandini. I promise after this everything will be fine. " Manik left the room all happy unaware of the storm coming into his life.

Nandini sat down on the floor as she started crying hugging her knees when Aryaman entered and panicked as he ran towards her after watching her all broken again.
" Nandini. Nandini what happened? did Manik say anything to you? You just tell me i'll kill him." Aryaman was angrier than ever this time.
" no Aryaman. Now everything will be fine. Today this chapter will be over. " she replied before she told Aryaman about her and Manik's conversation.
" Nandini but i'll come along with you. I can sit a few tables away." he offered. 
" no. Aryaman this is my problem and i'll solve it" nandini denied as she stood up from the ground.
" Ok fine do whatever feel right to you. Look i have bought your favourite food for you. Lets eat." Aryaman too got up as he kept the paper bag on the table.
" no Aryaman i am fine. I am going to the library. I want to be alone for sometime." Nandini walked towards the exit door when she heard Aryaman singing FOR HER. It was one of their favourite songs , "Happier" By Ed Sheeren.

Now Nandini was smiling and happy because she knew the song contained Arya's friendship and it was enough for her to fight back any problem in her life. 
" If your whole smiling session is over so can we eat something now. I am starving." Aryaman said like a little baby making Nandini smile a little more as nodded her head in positive. Aryaman gave her a bag which he bought for them as they started eating together.

On the other hand Fab 5 along with Navya at canteen were eating and talking among themselves.
" buddy are you ok? I saw Nandini was ignoring you the whole day." Dhruv asked Manik with concern.
" Yeah Manik. I think you should talk to her once and clear all the misunderstandings." suggested Cabir.
" I know guys. I also want to clear all the misunderstandings and today she called me at the cafe to sort out things ." Manik informed the others.
" Don't stress. God will make everything fine." said Navya because somewhere she knew how much Manik really meant to her friend.
" Navya everything will be fine. " cabir assured her.
" I hope so ."
" guys I forgot my mobile in the jam room I'll just be back." Manik said before getting up from his place.
" Wait even i'll come along with you." Cabir too got up.
" guys I am also done and moreover we have no time before the performance and i still have issue with that one note so I'll see that and I don't want any problem." Alya accompanied them too.
" guys we are also done so let's go together. " the others agreed as Fab5 along with Navya moved towards the jam room.

At the jam room, both Nandini and Aryaman had been enjoying their meal when Nandini hissed in pain all of a sudden.
" Gosh" she cried rubbing her eye. 
" What happened? " asked Aryaman.
" I think something got into my eye." nandini cried trying to ease the burning.
" let me see." Aryaman held Nandini's face and started blowing air in her eyes while Nandini holded his shoulder for support. The blowing air was weak other than the storm which was waiting for them at the door to get a major twist in their life