DIN SHAGNA

"Granny have you seen Nandini anywhere?" he looked arounf for just one glimpse of her. The fact that he might have screwed up everything the previous night, scared him.
" There she is just behind you. Look. " Granny pointed at the other end of the stairs.
" behind me?"Manik turned around to see herself with a tear-stained face, disturbed hair, and the diary in her palm. When he understood it was his diary, he realised it was his secret narrative. Manik approached her with frightening steps and stood in front of her.
" Nandini, i know you got questions but just listen-" he had to control any damage but a slap resonated throughout the hall as Manik stood with his palm on his cheek.

********************

" Nandini?" Manik was startled by her action even though looking at the diary in her hand explained some parts of it.

" not a single word Manik. Not anymore." her voice didn't give up anything to his yet. Was she hurt? Was she angry at him? 
" but Nandini it's not what you think. I just-" he knew his best resort right now was to make her understand before she takes any of it in a wrong way but she never let him finish. Does she? That's why she slapped him again, punching her tiny fists into his chest until he heard that first sob escape. Putting his hand over hers, he tried to calm her down but she pushed him away.
" Stop! How dare you do something like this? To me? To yourself?" she asked while calming her breaths down.
" Nandini it is not what you think. This diary was-"
" yes Manik this diary. Why did you have to keep all the stupid pain inside you." she asked trying to cover up another soft sob.
" Nandini it was never meant to be like this?" that's when he gave up as well runnign a hand over his face to avoid those tears falling down.
"Manik, why did you have to retain it? All of the suffering you experienced. You are a complete moron and an idiot, you know it. whenever you repeatedly make the same mistake. the same error of misinterpreting my emotions each and every time. Yes, I am upset with you, but not because you penned this diary; rather, it's because you withheld it from me. You never explained how it felt to me. She was itching to yell at him. hard as hell. Who authorised him to be this rock.

" i thought you'll hate me again." he finally decided to speak up. there was no point holding it in anymore. Was it?
" Again. Yes, Manik, but you know what? Neither before, when I couldn't, nor do I now, do I hate you. You are aware of your issue; you erred by keeping your lips shut when you shouldn't have." She flung the diary on the ground in front of him, saying, "When you should have shouted it out loud about how you feel rather than telling it to some blank useless pages." On those deeply honest confessed pages, there are tears from both of them mixed together now lying on the floor.
"So you never truly disliked me. If not, why did you abandon me in that manner? Why did you turn away from me? I ran to you, but you just went without saying anything." If she desired the reality. She will learn the truth because Manik also has questions.

Everyone there was watching in silence as they both discussed or resolved all the difficulties that had gone unspoken but needed to be addressed. Well, it's a human predisposition to believe that keeping our lips shut is always preferable to expressing our feelings.
" I did leave after what you did, yes. What had you anticipated that I would do was wait until you defeated me again. I told you that you were The Manik Malhotra, full of yourself." she turned her face to wipe those tears away.
"Yes, you told me, but I know you never forgave me." Nandini jerked her head back at Manik as he whispered slowly.

"Manik, I already forgave you a long time ago, but right now I just wanted to make this new Nandini fall in love with you again because we can never go back to the old self so easily." Now that she was more composed, she was attempting to explain. They had already wasted too much time due to miscommunication.brand-new Nandini. Excuse me, but Miss Nanz, you don't stand a chance in hell. I adore my old Nandini first." The shroud of that misery was abruptly lifted off by his smile.Oh my God Aryaman, are you even paying attention to this guy? Although I still have a chance, I believe your Nandini is upset with you. hating you specifically." Everyone sighed in relief as she also laughed it off. "No, she was never angry with me; she only left for a short time. Just that my affection had been misplaced. "Manik's speech was hushed and his eyes were once more glistening with tears."But you have now discovered it." Nandini took a step towards Manik and stated, "Manik, I simply want to start our lives over again.""Even me. That is what I desire. Therefore, let me start over and say that I am not suitable for friendship. Will you once more be mine, Miss Nandini Murthy? I am aware that I have never properly proposed to you before, and this is certainly not a proposal. Would you?" Manik moved ahead as well until they were barely separated by an inch.

"Just say yes, you're ruining my day. We can't stand here all day; it will interfere with my parlor's schedule." Mukti was the first to join the discussion, and she was correct. It was her day and she had bridal nerves."My Romeo and Juliet. Please answer this idiot's question in a yes, Nandini." Cabir faked crying but, in all honesty, he was thrilled for them."Yes, I will, and despite your best efforts this time, I won't ever leave you." Nandini clutched Manik's waist with her arms as he drew her in, promising, "I will never let you."

As everyone cheered for their adorable and straightforward reunion, they both gave one other hugs. As the friend circle side hugged one another, Granny wiped happy tears from her eyes as she saw her grand daughter smile once more. She blinked away her emotions as she recalled Nandini's mother entering the same home with her son.   "Are there going to be two weddings now?" Being excited, Navya enquired."This time, I'm with the bride." Aryaman continued to encircle Nandini."I have consistently supported Manik." Alya grabbed Manik's arm.Granny's voice could be heard over the turmoil and mocking, "Nandini?"Granny. I-" Nandini was at a loss as to how to explain everything to her grandmother at this point.