Chapter 3

Sarah watched Midgie and Dave walk away then turned to see Sam, standing by the firepit, smoking a cigarette. He was staring into the fire, deep in thought. She walked over to stand beside him.

     Sam dropped his cigarette into the firepit and looked down at her. He smiled. "Looks like it's just us, huh?"

His arm circled around her shoulder, drawing her in closer. She felt herself getting lost in his blue eyes; her breath was catching in her chest. Her hands were between them, palms flat against his chest.

Sam put his hand up and stroked her cheek, gently. His fingertips traced the top line of her lip, then followed it around to her bottom lip, pausing there. "You are so beautiful." He whispered in awe.

Sarah puckered her lips and kissed his finger as it rested on her lips.

He smiled and she reached up and placed her fingertip in his dimple, smiling back.

His hands grazed over her shoulder, and down her back, pulling her in closer. He let his fingers trail lightly up and down her back, and Sarah shivered. She rested her head on his chest. She could hear his heart beat picking up speed as he held her.

Sarah raised up on her toes, sliding her arms around Sam's neck, and met his lips as they came down on hers. Their first kiss was light, a brush of the lips, but they each felt the spark of it. They drew apart slightly, then came together again, their lips pressing harder. Sarah's parted as she felt Sam's tongue slip between them, searching. She felt it slide against hers, pull away, teasing, then return again for another taste. She touched it with hers and pulled him in farther, entangling him and teasing his, before they joined, gliding against each other, then apart slowly, torturing, excitement building with each delicious touch. She tightened her arms and stood on her tiptoes as he pulled her up against him, harder. She knew she should pull away and end the kiss, but she was too far gone into it. She had never been kissed with so much passion, and she felt the intense pleasure of their bodies touching from heads to toes. Their tongues continued the dance, the connection unwilling to be broken. At last they broke apart and, reluctant to separate yet, they pressed their foreheads together, eyes closed, breathing deeply.

He moved his head, rubbing his forehead against Sarah's. "You're incredible." He said.

Sarah smiled and tipped forward to kiss his cheek. "I think you're pretty incredible too."

He lowered her and she saw his eyes blaze as she slid against him. Her hands played with the black fur on his chest, raising goosebumps that ran down his arms.

She laughed as she trailed her fingers over them lightly. "Your skin is so sensitive to touch, isn't it?"

"To your touch, yes." His fingers played against her collarbone. Sarah held her breath as they slid towards her breast, then changed direction and followed the curve, his thumb grazing the under side, the tip of it just barely touching her nipple. He watched as it puckered out through her swimsuit in response to the teasing. He loved the way she fit perfectly in the palm of his hand. "You're pretty sensitive to touch too, aren't you?"

She giggled softly and pressed herself against his body, cutting off his view of her breast. "Yeah, I guess I am."

He laid his cheek on the top of her head, inhaling the lemon scent of her shampoo, his arms wrapped around her. Sarah loved being held like this, she loved the way his hair on his chest tickled against her cheek. But she knew that staying here much longer could lead to something that she wasn't ready for yet. She sighed, murmuring reluctantly. "I suppose we should take a walk or something, hm-m?"

Sam stepped back, his hands gripping her shoulders. He reached down and tilted her chin up, looking into her eyes. "That's not exactly what I had in mind, you know."