Chapter 8

Sam woke up with a killer headache and his mouth felt like a herd of buffaloes had camped out in it. He had gone over to Georgie's room after Gisette had left. He wanted to tell Trish not to read too much into what she had seen. Trish had eyed him skeptically, then told him it was his own business who he screwed. Sam knew she disapproved of what happened. Getting involved again with Gisette would cause a shitload of problems that he didn't think he could handle. He had to stop it now.

He had sat up late with the band in Georgie's room. They went over the songs he had written and talked about adding music to them. A bottle or two of Jack Daniels had been passed around, along with the joints and then Leon brought out some coke. They all snorted a couple lines, and washed it down with the whiskey. He couldn't remember how many times they had repeated that process.

Gisette had been there, in the background, shadowing her father as he explained their list of upcoming play dates and the cities they were hitting. Julien had made the announcement last night that Gisette would be temporarily replacing him while they were on tour. He had other businesses to take care of and couldn't travel with them. She would step into his role as tour manager, reporting back to him if there were any major problems. All of the other band members agreed to it, but Sam. He objected quite strenuously, he remembered. But he was voted down and therefore had to go along with the plan.

Sam grabbed his head as a knock soundly loudly on his door. Stumbling out of bed, he pulled on his jeans, trying to get to the door before whoever it was knocked again. He held it open as Georgie walked in and handed him a cup of coffee.

"Thanks man, I need this." Sam grabbed the cup and took a gulp.

"I just wanted to let you know that we are going to be spending the afternoon, practicing." Georgie stopped short and looked over at Sam, he motioned towards the bed, "It looks like you had a later night than I did, little brother."

Sam looked confused then glanced at his bed, doing a double take when he saw the dark hair fanned across the pillow beside his. "How the hell does she keep getting in here?" he mused.

He looked at Georgie, questioning, "Did she come back to my room with me last night?"

Georgie raised his hands in the air, shaking his head and laughing as he backed out of the room, "You two left together. You were the last ones to leave and you were very loudly telling her she had to go back to her room." He looked at Sam with a smirk, "I see she changed your mind."

Sam closed the door behind Georgie and crossed over to Gisette's side of the bed. He sat on the bed beside her, looking at the dark sweep of eyelashes. He reached out and drew back a strand of hair that lay across her cheek, and she stirred in her sleep. She snuggled into his pillow, and with a sigh, she drifted off again.

"You are one stubborn little bitch." He said quietly.

Sam looked at the long, slender leg that was hooked over the covers, revealing a bare hip, and pulled the covers off her lightly, admiring her body as he uncovered it. He knew every soft spot on her, his hands and mouth had tasted them all. He wondered if what they had before might have had just a whisper of love in it.

Looking at her now, Sam admitted to himself that he still felt a kernel of affection for her. He certainly had to admire her tenacity. He ran his finger lightly over her, tracing around the bump where her hip bone protruded. She slowly rolled over, allowing his finger to trail across her stomach, and raising up slightly to allow him to drop farther down. His hand grazed over the soft, velvety skin, his thumb slipped down to tantalize.

"It's all yours, you know, anytime you want." She said, breathlessly. She arched her hips, inviting his fingers to roam, then gave a frustrated groan when he pulled his hand away.