Chapter 40

TUESDAY - JUNE 29, 1976

Sarah heard Pete moving around in the kitchen, clattering pots and pans. She lifted her head to look at the clock and gasped in surprise. The digital numbers read 11:15, she hadn't slept this late in awhile.

She jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom, her bladder felt like it would burst.

"Hey, sleepyhead. Have a good sleep?" Pete inquired when Sarah came into the kitchen.

She yawned and stretched her hands over her head, pulling up her tee in the process, exposing her yellow cotton bikini underwear and a swath of tanned belly.

Pete turned to the kitchen window to look out, leaning his hands heavily on the counter.

"It looks like another nice day." He forced his voice to be casual. "Maybe we should go to the beach again."

"I can't believe I slept so late." Sarah said, pouring out the last cup of coffee. She looked at the empty pot. "It looks like you've been up awhile."

"I woke up at 8 and couldn't go back to sleep. So I went and got some boxes from the grocery store and started packing."

"Let me get dressed and I'll help." Sarah set her coffee cup on the counter and went back to the bedroom.

***

Sam came slowly awake, aware of his throbbing erection. He felt weight on it and realized it was Gisette's leg.

Somehow during the night, they had both scooted sideways, ending up lengthwise across the seat.

He was on his back, his head rested on a pillow, propped on the side of the bus, his feet hung over the armrest and dangled into the aisle. His arm was under Gisette, who was snuggled in cozily against him. Her hand rested on his belly and her leg lay between his, her knee right over his crotch.

He knew from the change in Gisette's breathing that she was awake too.

Sam lifted his hips, pushing against her leg and her hand moved a little further down his belly to rest against the button on his jeans. Neither of them moved, even their breathing had stopped.

Then her fingers worked the button loose and stopped again. Sam's hand closed over hers and his fingers guided hers as she slowly pushed the zipper down.

Sam pressed Gisette's palm down against him as she slid her hand in his jeans.

Her hand tightened around his erection and he sucked in his breath. He grabbed the blanket that had fallen on the floor, and threw it over them as he lifted his hips and pulled his jeans down, enough to free himself.

Gisette's hand worked over him, squeezing him tightly, and he felt like he was going to burst. He swallowed his groans as he moved his hips in sync with her sliding fingers, moving faster.

Gisette made small whimpers as his fingers unhooked her jeans and slid inside, pulling them down.

His hand rubbed her sensitive area and she gasped as she felt the pressure of his fingers. She slid over him, both of them frantic to connect.

They moved together quickly, muffling each others sounds with their mouths. Sam let out a moan as he thrust up one final time. 

Gisette lifted her head and looked at him strangely through the semi darkness of the bus.

The rustling of their blanket and the noises of their movements suddenly seemed very loud. They were both aware of the silence that had settled down around them.