Chapter 13

Sarah woke with a start and looked at the clock. She had been asleep for two hours! She laid her head back on the pillow, feeling the effects of the pill. Her body felt relaxed, her nerves were calmer. Her anxiety over the fight with Sam had lessened.

She decided that a long hot bath sounded like a good idea, but when she swung her legs over the side, and stood up, she was surprised at the effort it took. She seemed to move in slow motion as she walked into the bathroom and ran the water.

Sinking down in the hot water was heavenly. She sighed and relaxed, letting the steamy water wrap around her, like a warm hug.

Sarah had been relaxing for awhile in the tub and the water had gotten cold. She wasn't ready to end her bath, she liked the floating sensation of being in the water. She was adding more hot water when she heard the door to their room open.

Sam called her name as he looked around the empty room. For a moment he panicked, thinking she had left him. Then he noticed the partially open bathroom door, seeing the steamed mirror inside. He walked inside and stood looking at Sarah.

She had her eyes closed, her head was laid back on the tub. Her hair floated around her, skimming over her breasts, the pink nipples poking through. The brown fluff of curls at the triangle of her thighs swayed as she shifted, straightening out her long legs, her pink toenails showed bright in the water.

His eyes focused on the toenails as he began to speak softly.

"You know, your feet were the first thing I saw the day we met." His voice was husky with emotion. "They looked so small and sexy. As I watched you walk by me, I saw all of you. I wanted you then," he looked at her face, at the amber eyes that were watching him now. "I didn't know how much you would mean to me, in such a short time. All I knew was that you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, and I would be a fool to let you go."

He knelt by the tub, his fingertips grazing the tears that ran down her cheeks. "Sarah, I don't want to lose you. I know I've done some stupid things, but this is all new to me."

Sarah raised her hand and traced Sam's stubbled jaw, trailing her finger in the groove where his dimple appeared when he smiled.

She smiled, sadly, as he captured her hand and kissed the palm. "We have a story going on here, you and I. This isn't the end of it, yet. You won't lose me, Sam. I'm here."

Sam closed his eyes against the rush of emotion he felt. His voice was thick with tears. "I was so afraid, Sarah. I couldn't think of anything else today. I was afraid you wouldn't be here when I came back."

Sarah shifted in the tub, "Why don't you come in here with me? There are some things we have to talk about and this water feels so good, I don't want to get out."

Sam stripped down and slid in beside her, hissing as the hot water slipped around him. He settled in on his back, with Sarah in the crook of his arm, her head on his shoulder.

"Ok, let's talk." He laid his head back, ready to hear what she had to say.

"I'm staying, Sam. But there are some things that have to change."

Sam's fingers ran through her hair as he nodded in agreement.

"First of all," Sarah's hand played with the black hair on his chest, while she spoke. "There will be no more groupies. No talking to them, no contact with them."

She looked at him, staring into his eyes, fiercely. "I won't stay here and watch you fucking around on me."

"I wasn't fucking around on you. I told you that." Sam sounded exasperated.