Chapter 11

Sarah and Trish had just entered the hotel, back from their shopping trip, when they heard Georgie call from behind them.

He jogged to catch up, kissing Trish on the cheek as he took their bags. "Sam will be along soon. He had a few things he had to do."

Georgie winked at Sarah. "I'm not allowed to tell." He laughed as Sarah tried to grill the secret out of him. "No way, he'd kill me if I told you."

Later, when Sam had returned and they were alone in their room, Sarah tried to coax him into telling her.

Sam just laughed, infuriatingly sounding exactly like Georgie. "You will see, I promise. I can't tell you, it would ruin the surprise." He fell over, onto the bed, bringing Sarah with him.

"I want to surprise you." He whispered as he ran his fingers over her face, then trailed them down, playing with the buttons on her shirt.

"Why don't you model your new clothes for me?" He nuzzled her breast, causing shivers to run through her. "Didn't you tell me that you bought some new lace panties?"

Sarah returned his caresses, her hands running over him lightly; she felt his arousal under her fingers.

She held her hand still, teasing him as he pushed against her. "Do you still want to see my new lace panties?"

"Only if you're wearing them now." Sam said as Sarah unzipped his jeans.

Sarah slid up Sam's body and put her head on his chest as he lay back on the pillows. His eyes were closed, his face flushed, as he breathed hard.

"My god, sweetheart. Where did you learn to be so good at that?" He gasped, then shook his head, laughing. "No, don't tell me. I don't want to know."

Sarah listened to his heart, waiting as it slowed to a normal pace. Sam had his arms wrapped around her as she lay on him. "Sam, I have to tell you something." She said softly.

"Hm-m?"

"I lost the blue glass heart. I'm sorry, but I don't know where it is. I feel so bad, you gave it to me and said it was your heart. I promised to take care of it."

Sam heard the pain in her voice.

"It's ok, Sarah." He whispered as he squeezed his arms tighter around her. "You have the real thing now, you know."

His hands played absently with her braid. His face took on a closed look and Sarah knew his mind was on other things. She waited patiently until he was ready to talk again.

"I was told today that we have to start riding in the tour bus with them." Sam went on bitterly. "Gisette wants us to all be together."

"What about your bike? We can't just leave it here." Sarah asked in surprise.

"We have a couple days break next week, after our show in Minneapolis. I talked Gisette into waiting until then, we can leave right after the show and drive it back to New York,  then catch a plane to St. Louis."

"How far is that? Isn't that going to be a long drive?"

"If we leave right after the show, we can stop somewhere for the next evening, then get up early and head out again. We won't have very much time, but we can do it." Sam had put a lot of thought into it.

Sarah shook her head, "Sam, that is too much. Why can't you ship the bike back?" She told him about another student from her school who had done it.