Epilogue

SUNDAY - JUNE 18, 1995

The musical chirping of the birds and the bright sunshine on her face woke Sarah up. She felt the weight of Sam's body stretched over half of hers and smiled at the feeling of contentment that it brought. His head rested on her shoulder, she could feel his breathing on her neck. She ran her fingers through his silky hair, as she murmured his name.

"Sam, it's morning, you have to go back to the bed in the other room, before Shannon gets up."

Sam mumbled "Good morning, beautiful." He stretched up and gave her a tender kiss before he moved his head down, sucking on a nipple through her tee shirt.

She squirmed as he moved his hips against her and his hand slid up her bare thigh. "No, we can't do this now. Shannon will catch us if you don't go back to your own bed."

Sam chuckled as he continued to suck then nip lightly. "Too late, we've already been caught." His fingers slipped under the waistband of her underwear and headed further down to her soft silkiness, stroking and circling slowly.

"What?" Sarah pushed away from him and sat up, looking startled. "How? When? What are you talking about?"

Sam gave a resigned sigh as he rolled over on his back. "Last night, when I came in, Shannon and Cody were in the living room." He coaxed her to lay beside him, her head on his chest and ran his fingers through her hair as he continued. "You might want to have a talk with her, by the way. I think I interrupted the beginnings of some hot and heavy teenage sex."

"Oh shit." Sarah closed her eyes and shook her head. "I knew it. Yeah, I will definitely have a talk with her. Maybe you could talk with Cody?"

"Me? Hey, I've only been a dad for a few months!" Sam shuddered at the idea of a "sex talk" with Cody.

"So, go on, tell me how we got caught." Sarah urged him.

"Well, after the two of them stopped looking so guilty and flustered..." Sam chuckled again as he remembered seeing Shannon and Cody locked in a very compromising position. "I had my duffle and I was headed for the spare bedroom. Shannon called me back to the living room. She informed me that she is not a child, she knows we must have had sex at least once. She said she knows how uncomfortable the sofa bed is and wouldn't I prefer to stay in your bed all night, rather than a couple hours in the middle of the night."

"Oh my god!" Sarah covered her face with her hands. Then she laughed at his perfect imitation of Shannon. "She's always been a precocious child."

"She has a point, you know." Sam pulled Sarah on top of him, settling her legs on each side of his hips. He grinned as his hands moved her hips in a rocking motion against him. "This bed is a lot more comfortable." He pulled Sarah down to kiss her, his lips moving against hers. "And your bed doesn't squeak."

Sarah pushed away from him, laughing. "Maybe she does have a good point, but we will talk about that later. " Sarah curled into his side, her hand playing with the black hair on his chest. "Right now, I just want to catch up. I tried to stay up and wait for you, but it got so late."

Sam's hands continued playing with her hair, running his fingers up the strands. He held them up and watched the golden colors ablaze in the sun. "Your hair glows, Sarah. You are just so beautiful." He pulled her close, resting his chin on her head. "I missed you, sweetheart. One week is too long."

Sarah snuggled in closer, squeezing him tight. She inhaled contently. "I missed you too. How was California?"

Sam concentrated on his fingers as they played with the strands of golden hair. "I had a talk with Tex."