Chapter 23

Sam dumped Sarah on the bed, then stood over her, with his hands on his hips. He glared down on her.

"What the hell doing you think you're doing? How much did you have to drink?" He bit the words out, angrily.

Sarah sat up in bed and leaned back on the head board, crossing her arms. She returned his glare. "I had one for every song that you and Gisette danced to." She sassed back. "Tex was right. Maybe if you had spent more time with me and less with that bitch, I wouldn't have drank so much!"

Sam turned and paced the floor, angrily. "So you were going to fuck Tex to get back at me?"

"You know what? You wouldn't have noticed!" Sarah stood up and walked carefully to the bathroom.

Sam followed her in and watched in surprise as she poured mouthwash in her mouth, swished it around and spit it out. Then she pulled her panties down and sat on the toilet, looking up at him as she started yelling again.

"What did you expect me to do while you were out there rubbing all over each other? I danced with him and then I got sick, you asshole! While you and Gisette were in the bar making out, Tex held my hair while I puked, then carried me to the hotel on his back, because I couldn't walk straight."

Sarah threw off her skirt and shirt and climbed into bed in her panties. "I don't think you have any right to be mad at me! But I am fucking sure that I have the right to be royally pissed at you! I am getting so damned tired of watching you two flirt with each other."

Sarah laid down in bed, pulling the covers up, then she sat up abruptly and looked at Sam, who had been silent the whole time. "You know what? Just fuck her!"

She watched the shocked look come on Sam's face. "You heard me right! Fuck her Sam, I know it's what you want. Or have you already done that behind my back too!"

She gave him an evil smile. "How's the song coming along? You know the one that Gisette asked you to write for her. The hot, sexy love song! Yeah, I was awake today on the bus!"

Sam looked at her, his face in shocked surprise. Before he could say anything, Sarah continued her rant.

"I caught you with a groupie and you promised me that you wouldn't be around them any more. You can't make me that promise about Gisette. You're around each other all the time. She's always touching you. The temptation is always there, it's getting so bad, that you don't even bother to hide it anymore. You want to fuck her! Tonight at that bar was sickening to watch. Maybe it wasn't the whiskey that caused me to puke, because I'm not feeling so drunk now! I am feeling so fucking pissed!"

Sarah jumped off the bed and stood in front of Sam, pointing her finger at the door. "So, go! Fuck Gisette! Let's get it out in the open here!" Sarah ran to the door and opened it, yelling loudly into the empty hallway.

"Sam and Gisette are finally going to fuck! He is fina............." Sarah screamed as Sam grabbed her arm and pulled her back in the room.

"Let go of my arm! You asshole!"

Sam pinned her against the closed door, holding her arms above her head as she fought to get away from him. She kicked out and swore as her toe hit his shin. He clenched his teeth as he held in his anger.

"Settle your motherfucking ass down!" He threatened.

"Or what?" Sarah taunted. Her eyes were glowing with fury and the hate showed on her face.

Sam slowly lowered Sarah's arms to her sides and stepped back, then walked to the other side of the room, running his hands through his hair as he tried to calm his anger.

Sarah leaned her head back, and took a deep breath, crossing her arms. She had pushed him to his limits and she knew it. She closed her eyes, to stop the tears that threatened to fall.

"If you want to fuck her so bad, Sam, just go do it. I can't stop you." She said, resignedly.

Sam fell into the chair and dropped his head in his hands, his fingers digging into his eyes, then threw his head back and looked at Sarah.

 "Stop fucking saying that." He asked her. "What would you do?"

"What?" Sarah turned towards him, startled.

Sam repeated the question. "What would you do? If I did go fuck Gisette like you keep telling me to do!" Sam's voice was quiet. " What would you do, Sarah?"

"I would leave you." Sarah hissed. "I wouldn't stay and see it happen."

Sam walked over and stood in front of her, wiping away her tears. He crooked his finger under her chin and tilted her face to his.

"I know that, sweetheart. And that would tear me apart." Sam 's voice shook with emotion.

"You can't have us both." Sarah shook her head, defiantly.

"So you're giving me a choice. Just like Pete gave you." He smiled sadly as Sarah's eyes opened in surprise. " Trish told me all about the choice you had to make. You chose me."

Sarah looked him angrily. "I did. I fucking chose you. And tonight was the first time I ever regretted it."

"So are you telling me to go to Gisette, so you have an excuse to leave and go running back to Pete?" Sam asked testily.

"If I wanted to go back to Pete, I would have been gone already. I wouldn't stay around here and stomp all over your heart, while I made my decision. That's what you've been doing to me! One more stomp from you, and it will crack in half. I won't stay here and let you do that."

"I am not stomping on your heart! Fuck, Sarah! I'm trying to be nice with my ex girlfriend! Isn't that what everyone keeps telling me that I have to do?"

"Yeah! Be nice!" Sarah crossed her arms and leaned forward, screaming in his face. "Not fuck her, you son of a bitch!"

Sam whirled around and started towards the door, stopping as reached it, his hand on the knob. He turned around to look at Sarah, angrily.

"I'm going for a walk, I'll be back in a little while."

Sarah stared at the door that Sam had slammed on his way out. Then she reached in her bag beside the bed and pulled out the small pill case that held her supply of Valium.

She was shaking both inside and out as she shook out a pill, and looked at it. Shaking her head, she nudged out two more and popped all three in her mouth and swallowed.