Chapter 43

Gisette watched from backstage as Sam sang. He was putting on a good show tonight, the crowd was cheering for each song. She saw him bend down and flirt with a girl in the front row with long honey blond hair. 'Always the blondes.' She thought to herself.

The band was into their last set and Gisette knew it was time to go get drinks for when they came offstage. She looked around for Trish, surprised when she saw her already standing with a tray of whiskey filled glasses.

"I was going to help you." Gisette snapped at Trish, giving her an annoyed look.

"Oh." Trish gave her an innocent look. "Sorry about that."

The two girls had been very cool towards each other all evening. Trish was not about to back down on her opinion of Gisette. And Gisette only proved her right, by acting like a snob. The facade of getting along was gone, both girls had their claws out.

When the guys came running back, they all ran to Trish to get their drinks. Gisette watched as Georgie put his arm around Trish's shoulders, Sam and the other three were all back slapping and jumping around.

The thundering foot stomps were vibrating the stage and the arena was glowing and flickering from the flames of the lighters. Georgie gave Trish a squeeze and they strolled back onstage, teasing and joking with their fans before starting their encore. Gisette turned and walked back to the dressing room.

The party in Georgie's room later on was getting wild. The group had gotten a free day in their schedule, giving them another day to vacation in Vegas. Sam sat on the bed, beside Gisette, both leaning against the headboard. Georgie and Trish had taken over the other bed, and the rest were gathered around the foot of it and on the floor between. Tex had the chair, which he shared with a honey blond he had picked out for the night.

Sam had noticed the blond as soon as she had come in the room. He narrowed his eyes as he watched Tex playing with her long hair.

Gisette nudged him, hissing in his ear. "Stop staring like that!"

Sam took the mirror she was passing him. "I wasn't staring. Do you need me to hold this for you?" He held out the mirror.

"No, you were busy staring at that blond, I had Leon hold it for me." Gisette flipped her hand towards the bass guitarist, who was sitting on the end of the bed.

"Ok, good." He handed her the mirror. "You can hold it for me." He ran the straw down the entire two lines.

"Aren't you going to give me some?" Gisette pouted.

"Ah-h, sorry about that. I will next time." Sam gave her a quick smile then passed the mirror back to Leon.

Gisette took his hand, squeezing it to get his attention. "I think we'd better go back to our room."

"Gisette, it's a fucking good party!" Sam exclaimed.

"No, it's going to turn ugly real soon." She threatened.

Sam looked at the fury building in her eyes. He narrowed his, tilting away from her. "Why don't you leave, if you don't like it?"

"I'm not leaving you alone with that blond bitch sitting over there." Gisette said in a low voice. She had seen Trish look their way, with a smug smile, when Sam had spoken.

Sam eyed the girl on Tex's lap; he watched as Tex nuzzled her neck, his hands playing with her hair. Tex looked up and met Sam's eyes, as he whispered something in the girl's ear. The two of them stood up and walked towards the door; Tex gave Sam a wink and a grin as he walked by him.

Sam growled and turned to Gisette, "It's time to leave."

Gisette whirled around to Sam as soon as he had closed the door. "Where do you get off thinking you can treat me this way?"

"What way?" Sam asked. "How am I treating you? I thought we were doing just fine." He walked over to the chair and sat back in it. "What am I doing so different?"

"Let me see, where do I begin?" Gisette sat on the edge of the bed, facing him. "How about today? When you disappeared and I found you in your room. I heard what you were playing, by the way. And then tonight, backstage."

"What about backstage?" Sam asked curiously.

Gisette looked at the floor. "I just thought......" She paused in frustration. "You used to....."

Sam watched her struggling, and then it dawned on him. He leaned forward towards her, placing his elbows on his knees. "I sang for Sarah. There is no way I can do the same things for you." He narrowed his eyes as he whispered in disbelief.

Gisette raised her hand as if to slap him, but Sam caught it and brought her up with him, standing and holding her close. He held her arm behind her back, pulling her face to his.

"Do not ever raise your hand again!" He said through clenched teeth.

Gisette kissed him, her tongue pushing through his lips, seeking his.

Sam pushed her back on the bed, and she reached for him, eagerly. She unhooked his jeans and pulled them down, as Sam stepped out of them. He crawled over her, pulling at her shirt, while she took off her jeans. She wrapped her legs around him as he shoved himself into her.

"Fuck me, Sam."

Sam stopped as he heard Sarah's voice in his head, the day she had described the difference between fucking and making love. He groaned as he felt himself softening.

"What's going on?" Gisette was angry.

"Fuck!" Sam rolled over onto his back. He climbed slowly out of bed and pulled on his jeans. "I'm going back to the party. Go to sleep, Gisette."

Sam returned to Georgie's room, growling at Trish's questioning look. "Don't even ask! Don't say a word!"

Trish patted the spot beside her, scooting over closer to Georgie. "C'mon over here, Sam. I promise I'll be nice."

Sam sat down beside her, taking the drink that Leon poured for him. "I am here to party, I want to get so fucking wasted that my life looks normal."

Trish handed him the mirror, laughing, "That will take a lot of shit! Your life is everything but normal!"