Chapter 22

Sarah and Sam had just gotten to their room when Barry stopped them in the hall.

"Hey, Georgie noticed a bar down the street advertising live music tonight. We thought it might be fun to check it out. Are you two up for it?"

Both Sarah and Sam agreed to it and they made plans to meet in the lobby in half an hour.

Sarah closed the door behind her and turned to see Sam sink onto the bed, his guitar in his hands.

"I'm going to take a shower and get ready." She said.

Sam just nodded his head in agreement, not looking up from his guitar.

Sarah was brushing her hair, standing naked in front of the bathroom mirror. She looked closely at her body's reflection in the mirror.

Tex was right, her ribs were outlined against her skin. She ran her hands over them then down her waist, watching how they curved in, then caught on her hip bone.

Sarah knew she had always been just the right weight for her small frame, it wouldn't take too many lost pounds before she would look scrawny.

And looking at herself now, that was how she thought she looked. She thought it was no wonder Sam would be attracted to Gisette. She had the perfect body.

Sarah made the decision right then not to take so many pills.

***

The bar was just starting to fill up, but they managed to find a corner booth to squeeze into. The music was loud as they gave their drink orders to the waitress. They sat and enjoyed the band, all agreeing that it was good for a local group.

The music changed to a slower song and Sam took Sarah's hand and led her onto the dance floor. His arms circled around her waist, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning against him as he pulled her up close.

"This is the first time we've danced, sweetheart." Sam whispered as he stared into her eyes. "You look hot tonight."

Sarah had on the same denim skirt and wedge shoes she wore the first night she stayed with Sam, paired this time with a white embroidered gauze peasant top. She wore her hair down, blown dry to hang straight down her back.

She rubbed her hands over his shoulders, feeling the smoothness of his satiny shirt. The dark blue color highlighted his eyes. Sarah looked into those blue eyes and felt her insides melt.

"This is nice dancing with you. It feels like we are on a date." Sarah giggled. "We've never really been on a date!"

"My god, you're right!" Sam laughed. "Although, we still aren't out alone, are we?"

"No, but if we close our eyes, we can pretend it's just you and me." Sarah closed her eyes and laid her head against him, feeling Sam's cheek rest on the top of her head.

He closed his eyes as their bodies moved together to the slow music.

"I love you. You are the best thing to happen to me." Sam said, smiling tenderly.

Sarah reached up and put her fingertip in her favorite dimple, and Sam grinned, making it even deeper.

"Why do you always do that?" He chuckled.

"Because I love them! I love everything about you, but there is something so irresistible about those dimples."

"I like your dimple too. You know that one you have....?" Sam's fingers ran over Sarah's bottom and landed squarely on the dimple he knew so well.