Request: A Mutual Meeting

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back to normal and getting back to business! This is a request for the awesome elizabeth9595 and this imagine isn't song-based, so I'm a bit nervous about posting this. Hopefully everyone will love it. Thanks for reading! 

B/F/N: Best Friend's Name

Although I wanted to stay in bed and catch up on sleep, I agreed to go with (B/F/N) to go to the coffee shop, because she just received her hour break and wanted to spend it with me. Getting up, I dragged myself into the bathroom to get cleaned up and then walked to the closet to figure out what to wear. Getting dressed has always been a challenge because I don't consider myself to be fashionable like the other girls are. It's not that I wanted to be like them, but it made me feel that I don't make the best first impressions. Who am I kidding? No matter where I am, who I'm talking to or how I am in that situation, I always manage to embarrass myself. Trying to prevent rumination, I shuffled through my clothes to find something to wear. A few minutes later, I decided on The Story So Far T-Shirt, black skinny jeans, Blue converse and jewelry to match the outfit before heading out. 

~ At The Coffee Shop ~

Walking in, a squeal erupted the room and made people look in my direction, much to my chagrin. (B/F/N) ran over to me and embraced me in a hug, before pulling me into a booth and handing me a cup of coffee with the fixings that I always use. I'm amazed (B/F/N) remembered what I liked in my coffee. 

"Alnix, I need to ask you a favor." (B/F/N) said and then everything clicked at once.

"What's up?"

"You know how we have singers perform here at the coffee shop? Well, someone just dropped out at the last minute, and I thought you'd be an excellent replacement." I nodded in disbelief that (B/F/N) would put me in this position, especially with the stage fright I have. I wanted to turn away, but I knew that (B/F/N) would force me back. 

"I don't know if I can. I mean, you know how I get -" 

"But if you do it, you'll gain experience. I know how much your music means to you, and this would be a great time to show it. Please, please, please!" (B/F/N) pleaded and I laughed at their attempt to try and get me up on that stage. I know they're trying to help, but it just makes me more nervous than it should. I had to find an excuse.

"Even if I did, I don't have a guitar. I can't perform without it." 

"I have a spare acoustic you can use, now come on." (B/F/N) dragged me to the back of the coffee shop and let me tune the guitar and do some vocal warm ups before going up there. I can't believe I'm about to do this. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a last-minute replacement for this time slot and the person that's taking over is Alnix Serene!" (B/F/N) introduced and I took in a deep breath before walking up on stage. It became overwhelming. The crowds of people looked into my direction, and continued to stare until I sat down. Why does this have to happen to me? I sat down on the wooden stool and took a deep breath before playing the chords to Fall Out Boy's I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying (A/N: One of my favorite songs by them). "This was going to happen," circled my mind. I began to sing, and I took in the pair of eyes staring at me around the entire cafe, while my best friend kept making thumbs up and fist-pumping the air to let me know I was doing fine, but then (B/F/N) got in trouble with their manager for "acting up." I continued to sing and let the song finish, and when I was done, the cafe filled with applause, while (B/F/N) made a small poster saying, "That's my best friend." I smiled at their kin gesture and played a couple more songs before deciding to go off stage. 

"Alnix, you were amazing!" (B/F/N) squealed. They pulled me in for a strong and intimate hug, and then released me, so they could go back to work. I chuckled at the fact that they just walked away after the hug, but then a cute guy walked towards me. Well, at least I think he is. He had midnight hair that cascaded down to his shoulders, hazel eyes that just melted you if you looked into them and wore black skinny jeans accompanied with a Green Day shirt. God, he was hot. What would he want to do with me? 

"Hi. I'm Johnnie. You, uh, were really great up there." Johnnie complimented and a deep red crimson overtook his cheeks. It was so cute, but I should be the one blushing out of the two of us, although with him, it was adorable. 

"Thank you. You too." I tried to compliment, but realized what I just said. Now it was Johnnie's turn to laugh at my awkwardness. 

"Although we're already here, I wanted to ask if you wanted to have lunch. You know, so I can get to know you better," Johnnie offered and I gladly accepted his offer. We got a small booth towards the back of the cafe, and out of all the waitresses, my best friend was the one to work our table.